Sony Xperia Z1s Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is live

Bkr11

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Jury is still out on my end. If I'm honest I need to say that it seems marginally slower, and sometimes straight-up unresponsive. Unfortunately my stability has been erratic under KitKat in general, so it's possibly specific to my phone. Some days under KitKat the battery did great, other days I'd burn through 70% of the battery in an hour with the phone in my pocket. Like La Trotter I largely like the layout, but conversely have yet to discover something that makes this better than before (except for a "restart" option when powering down - which I don't think I had w/ KitKat). That is hilarious in itself because I've been SOOOOO looking forward to Lolipop. I can definitively say that if my experience doesn't somehow (miraculously?) improve between now and the release of the LG G4 I'll be jumping ship to it.

Looking forward to other opinions or observations.

pjspaws

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
So far it's been laggy, and battery consumption is up. It also turned on notifications for all of my apps and nearly all of my apps updated, so that might be a part of it. I really like the layout. The larger icons look nice.

Bkr11

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Very modest usage for about the past 3 hours - battery was down to 55% and multiple times it was unresponsive. On more than one occasion now opening a thread in messaging didn't provide a box at the bottom to type in. This doesn't seem to be cutting it for me.

jim leukhardt

May 28, 2014
Visit site
So far battery life has been worse. Also there is a lot of lag. Only had it a day and I'm not really happy with lollipop. Hopefully there are some patches quickly.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bkr11

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Another annoyance I've encountered with all the freezing is the warning box asks "Do you want to close it" and the only option is "ok". Apparently you aren't allowed to "wait". Anybody else? This has happened in multiple apps.
1432998606292.jpg

jim leukhardt

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I did a factory reset and that took care of the lag, unresponsive keys, and the apps not loading correctly. The battery life is still worse than before.

Posted via the Android Central App

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Wow!
Thanx OP for the heads up.
Finally...now I can trash my seldom used Z1s with a new update :)
This phone has been sitting idle for a month or so.

Any recommendations?
Should I return to factory and update or update and then return to factory?

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I've been using this phone steadily since updating.

Unable to change the lockscreen background.
Not sure what's going on there.

Phone heats up a lot quicker now using the Sony camera.
Battery time is about as it was before upgrading.
No crashes or random ANRs yet.

I have Nova running on this phone also.

Bkr11

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Went through the motions this morning to return to factory...so far so good. Still getting my (used) apps reinstalled and don't have it dialed in, but I will say it's noticeably better. Recommend the return to factory for anybody else having issues as well. Backed up my photos (again) and SMS, and then pretty much just wiped it.

Thx for the suggestion Jim!

Bkr11

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Wow what a difference. My phone hasn't been this smooth since it was new. I suspect it has needed this for quite some time. Might even be able to hold off on the G4 upgrade I've been so excited about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy