Z2 tablet sound

dactyl2

May 25, 2014
Visit site
My Z2 tablet sound will not stay where I set it. After about 60 seconds it changes the volume to maximum.
I installed the update from Sony on Saturday 24th May, but not sure if this is the cause.
Can anyone help?
Have tried to get support but it just goes in circles.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My Z2 tablet sound will not stay where I set it. After about 60 seconds it changes the volume to maximum.
I installed the update from Sony on Saturday 24th May, but not sure if this is the cause.
Can anyone help?
Have tried to get support but it just goes in circles.
That's odd. Have you rebooted the device? Reboot and see if that clears any issues.

Also, you can probably try clearing cache from Recovery by powering off the device, hold power on+volume up. Select the clear cache option then reboot.

See if that fixes the issue for you.

dactyl2

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Have rebooted but no change. I have powered off and held power on and volume up. Nothing happened. There was a black screen with nothing to select.
I can set the volume to anywhere I want, then seconds later it's at full volume. The only setting which is stable is mute.

dactyl2

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Decided to do factory reset, having made sure of back-up.
That sorted it, though I have noticed two music apps have vanished, I am sure I didn't put them on originally.
Thanks for the help.

Last edited: