Xperia Z2: I want to try this phone....

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
It looks like a really nice phone. I've like the ID of Xperia devices since the Z, but they lacked in other areas.

The Z2 looks like it's finally going to be a top tier device in all respects. The fastest Snapdragon available, a focus on camera performance, and a much improved display that looks like it'll rival competitors (finally!).

Anybody else feel the same way?

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrei25

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: I want to try this phone....

I think it's a great phone but has big proportions.
If you don't care about that is a amazing phone. It has it all:great performance, very good camera, excellent display and i think that the 3200mAh battery will do great.

Sent from my G2

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Yup want to pick this up whenever it comes out unlocked. Hopefully it supports all the tmobile bands.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

kagenish

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

Yup want to pick this up whenever it comes out unlocked. Hopefully it supports all the tmobile bands.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app
if the unlocked works with T-mobile then it works on metro. Sony should see how Samsung does it by releasing it on as many carriers and worldwide would help their profolio.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm kinda hoping it gets to Verizon. Right now, it's the only phone that could make me leave me G2.

Posted via Android Central App

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

I think it's a great phone but has big proportions.
If you don't care about that is a amazing phone. It has it all:great performance, very good camera, excellent display and i think that the 3200mAh battery will do great.

Sent from my G2

The large bezels don't bother me personally. I'll take it if it includes front facing speakers. HTC One is a very long phone by comparison and it didn't bother me. The main problem I see is that I live in the United States and who knows when it'll come here. I'd be interested in buying it unlocked but if t Mobile has another exclusive then I don't think it's going to come unlocked directly from Sony. I'm on AT&T.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

The more I've been reading up on this phone, the more I want it! You guys think it will be available for Sprint??

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Does Sprint normally carry Sony phones?

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

I'm not sure. Probably not I'd venture to say. Heck, I'd be willing to leave Sprint at this point for this phone. My experience with Sprint has been on a decline for quite some time now, unfortunately.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I'm not sure. Probably not I'd venture to say. Heck, I'd be willing to leave Sprint at this point for this phone. My experience with Sprint has been on a decline for quite some time now, unfortunately.

I think the most likely carrier to offer it would be T-Mobile.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I think the most likely carrier to offer it would be T-Mobile.

NOOO, not them....lol! I'd be willing to jump ship for VZ or ATT really. I'm looking for a GOOD mobile experience, remember! lol

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

NOOO, not them....lol! I'd be willing to jump ship for VZ or ATT really. I'm looking for a GOOD mobile experience, remember! lol

While I'm no fan of T-Mo I think it depends on where you are. A lot of people have T-Mo and think its just fine. Unless something changes, I don't think either AT&T or Verizon will be offering it but I think I read somewhere that it will work on AT&T's network.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

While I'm no fan of T-Mo I think it depends on where you are. A lot of people have T-Mo and think its just fine. Unless something changes, I don't think either AT&T or Verizon will be offering it but I think I read somewhere that it will work on AT&T's network.

Well, thats good to know. My tmobile experience is coming from family and friends here in NYC. Majority have had terrible experiences while some have had not so bad experience. Sprint is also offering their new Spark feature on their network but I've yet to hear or experience it so its a wait or not game as far as I'm concerned.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Guys, if you check on the Sony website you can find the stats. First it is not a CDMA phone, so I can't see how this will work on Verizon or Sprint. I can't recall Verizon ever having a Sony phone.

Second, it is a GSM phone with HSPA+ support as well as LTE. Among the LTE channels it works on are channels 4 & 17. These are the AT&T channels for LTE. So I'm assuming this will work just fine. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I just came from Verizon to AT&T because of their much cheaper plans now. I took my Verizon LG G2 and it works fine on HSPA+ but it doesn't work on AT&T's LTE network since it doesn't tune those channels.

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

Well, thats good to know. My tmobile experience is coming from family and friends here in NYC. Majority have had terrible experiences while some have had not so bad experience. Sprint is also offering their new Spark feature on their network but I've yet to hear or experience it so its a wait or not game as far as I'm concerned.

I'm in NYC (Brooklyn, to be exact) and my experience with T-Mobile left a lot to be desired. The data speeds in my neighborhood topped out at 0.5 Mbps downstream, which, in this day and age, is unacceptable. I switched to AT&T and have been very satisfied with my experience thus far.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I'm in NYC (Brooklyn, to be exact) and my experience with T-Mobile left a lot to be desired. The data speeds in my neighborhood topped out at 0.5 Mbps downstream, which, in this day and age, is unacceptable. I switched to AT&T and have been very satisfied with my experience thus far.

See what I'm saying! Tmobile is not that great here in NYC. My sister has my parents and herself on AT&T from tmobile and they love the service! I play with my dads Note 2 and the data speeds are ridiculously better than what I get with Sprint. Will Sprint finally offer something better with Spark. Only time will tell and if I'm willing to wait as well!

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

See what I'm saying! Tmobile is not that great here in NYC. My sister has my parents and herself on AT&T from tmobile and they love the service! I play with my dads Note 2 and the data speeds are ridiculously better than what I get with Sprint. Will Sprint finally offer something better with Spark. Only time will tell and if I'm willing to wait as well!

T-Mobile may have unlimited data, but the speeds that I've experienced defeat its purpose. Besides, I don't tether or download torrents, so I don't need it anyway. I've never used more than 3GB in a billing period and that's a very generous estimate. I'd rather have good service.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

T-Mobile may have unlimited data, but the speeds that I've experienced defeat its purpose.

Same goes for Sprint! If I had better data speeds, I'd use it much more than what I do now which is hardly ever.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

So....about the Z2. :p

It doesn't have front facing speakers, at least not in the pictures.

It will probably be on AT&T or T-Mo (most likely AT&T given the bands) if any US carriers pick it up that is.

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

Sorry for hijacking the thread!

Although the Z2 really caught my eye, its size is making me a bit apprehensive. The Nexus 5, which is probably the largest I'll go, is a centimeter shorter and 5mm narrower than the Z2. While not necessarily a dealbreaker, the phone will really have to impress me. A Google Edition will definitely sway my opinion in the Z2's favor!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol