Sony Xperia Z2 - T-Mobile (The Wait)

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Once HTC One (The New One) comes out, it's gonna be between the Xperia Z2 and HTC. I am just hoping the Z2 comes to T-Mobile. :p

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Make it an unlocked Google play edition that works on T-Mobile and I'm in

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I agree, personally I'm done with waiting for carrier phones to be released. Even when they are they usually come late have a lock bootloader and late at releasing updates. I finally stepped up to a international unlocked phone and I'm never looking back. I was always a slave to tmobile wifi calling but with so many avenues to communicate via Hangouts, talkatone and Google voice, I said f-u to wificalling and took the plunge onto an unlocked phone.

I see no reason why the new z2 International version won't be compatible with tmobile service.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to ask but what is the difference in using an unlocked international phone in the US? Are you able to pick your phone carrier without a contract? So far I have T-Mobile in South FL and it sucks for my whole family. Ex: I am on call and get ALOT of texts for my job, every so often during the month, my would be silent for about 3-4 hours while I'm working or inside a nursing home. The minute I step out all the calls and texts start pouring in. I wouldn't mind so much if it did it to the same place all the time but it seems to pick a random nursing home or office every 2 -3 weeks where as that same I had no issues with before. Also it really behooves me to have a phone and have the lowest signal inside your home. I love t-mobile but I am thinking about AT-T all over again.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure, but I'm guessing it's the frequency coverage. A GSM U.S. phone would cover the appropriate U.S. frequencies that U.S. GSM carriers use....but I could be wrong.

Kane337

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Tmobile is working on this. If you live in one of the areas listed in the link below you should be receiving an upgrade in signal coverage by this coming fall. The 700MHz spectrum will help penetrate building walls better and travel farther.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57616673-94/t-mobile-buys-verizon-wireless-spectrum-in-$3.3-billion-deal/

bchandler02

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I know this is purely a wild a** guess at this point, but what are your guesses for when this is available on T-Mo?

I'm looking to make the switch this coming weekend. My original plan was to use one of my other devices if this is likely coming in the next 30 days, and then save my device purchase for the Z2. However, with the Z1s still being fairly new to them, would you expect to see the Z2 released so quickly? If it's likely going to be more than 30-60 days, I'd probably just get the Z1s for now and then upgrade later.

Again, know this is purely a guess, but just hoping to hear input from those that are more familiar with how Sony & T-Mobile operate since they will both be new to me.

Thanks!

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
3 month difference from release of the original z to the tmobile release. 3.5 month difference from the z1 to the tmobile release.

If they follow trend then your looking at 3-4 months from UK release to tmobile release

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I know this is purely a wild a** guess at this point, but what are your guesses for when this is available on T-Mo?

I'm looking to make the switch this coming weekend. My original plan was to use one of my other devices if this is likely coming in the next 30 days, and then save my device purchase for the Z2. However, with the Z1s still being fairly new to them, would you expect to see the Z2 released so quickly? If it's likely going to be more than 30-60 days, I'd probably just get the Z1s for now and then upgrade later.

Again, know this is purely a guess, but just hoping to hear input from those that are more familiar with how Sony & T-Mobile operate since they will both be new to me.

Thanks!

I think it will be closer to 6 months. The release of the Z2 has been delayed, read about it here: Xperia Z2 Tablet launched in Hong Kong; Xperia Z2 delayed | Xperia Blog

However, you could get a Z1s now and enroll in JUMP that way you can upgrade to the TMo Z2 it becomes available. This is what I did. Have to say, I'm pretty happy with the Z1s and I think the Z2 screen with an 801 snapdragon and 3gb of ram will be a nice upgrade.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Why not get an unlocked variant when available? There will surely be one that supports T-Mobile bands.

Posted via Android Central App

Zunaid Ahmed

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I was wondering whether the unlocked version would work on T-Mobile LTE bands. If it does, is $760 a justified price, or will it come down when it is released in the states?

Last edited:

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I get LTE at the same speeds I used to get on my gs4 on tmobile. I'm guessing it'll still be around 699 when it hits state side

Sent from my D6503 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay