Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Which Colour Will You Buy

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black

15 55.56%
  • White

7 25.93%
  • Purple

5 18.52%
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By npaladin-2000
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Xperia Z2: Which colour will you buy? Are you coming from a different handset manufacturer?

I'm voting black as it's usually always what I end up with but that purple is sweet and could be tempted.

Also be interesting to see what current handset you are coming from.

I currently have a Galaxy S4 (previous to that had an S3), was super excited to see a premium S5 but that didnt happen, also was hoping for better external speaker possibly stereo and 3gb RAM like the Note 3.

Bored of the Samsung design language and this Z2 came out of left field with its specs and IPS display with broad gamut.

Default Re: Which colour will you buy? Are you coming from a different handset manufacturer?

Purple is interesting but I'd just buy the black. I'd be putting a case on it anyway.

I'm still using a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I'm also grandfathered into unlimited data at Verizon, so if I jump on this phone looks like I'm going to be giving that up.

This would give me a good excuse to try out Aio Wireless.

Default Re: Which colour will you buy? Are you coming from a different handset manufacturer?

I always go with black
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

Black and coming from an LG G2 which I love.

I've used Motorola, HTC, Samsung, and LG, never had a Sony before. Up to now LGs have been my favorites, I love their UI, and I love that they use a 5x5 grid on 5 inch phones, and NOT just the "phablet" line. Still, the Z2 will be waterproof, and it looks like they pirated their own version of Knock. And front mounted dual speakers rule.

I currently use an LG G2,. I also have an old HTC One X sitting around as a spare, and an Optimus G Pro I need to unload, and a Galaxy S4 that I'd probably have to pay someone to take, the battery life is so bad on it.
    Topgonzo likes this.

I don't know if it's just Build and/or Design but I went back-and-forth with it.

I'm going with Black.

If you look at my history out of the major players, Motorola is only company I haven't touched being a Spec ***** the Moto X just did't get my attention. I'm currently using Google's nexus 5 and I'm very happy with it but like all my previous Super Phones they don't last for more than 4-6 months.

I've watch so many Impressions & Reviews on the Z2 and I'm very excited to pick it up!

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

I am getting purple. I keep getting black or white phones so fancy a change.

I currently have an LG G2. The only reason I am upgrading is so I can get a waterproof phone. Would have gotten the z1, but the screen was awful!

Sent from my LG-D802 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Wow a lot of us G2 users wondering if the grass is greener.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk Pro.

In my case my motivation for switching from a G2 is to get the 4K video feature on the Xperia. If the S5 wasn't so ugly, I would have considered it. In fact life would have been easier getting the S5 since everyone will be carrying it.

Of course there's also the LG G3 when it comes out.

Default Re: Xperia Z2: Which colour will you buy? Are you coming from a different handset manufacturer?

For me it's the water resistance and the camera. And the fact that the KitKat update messed with the touch sensitivity. Now instead of archiving emails when I swipe them, they're opening as if I tapped them. SwiftKey swiping seems off too somehow.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk Pro.

Default Re: Xperia Z2: Which colour will you buy? Are you coming from a different handset manufacturer?

I had the Z1 but wasn't at all happy with the screen, so it went back for an HTC One. I was OK with that except for the underperforming camera. Kept the HTC for about six months and switched to the G2. Glad to see the tap on screen making its way to the Sony...didn't want to give that up. Looking forward to the Z2 for the bump in specs, a better camera and the waterproof design. I was hoping the speculation about the xenon flash was true, but you can't have everything I guess. Oh, I also like the little loop for a lanyard which nobody ever mentions. I wouldn't handle my camera without a lanyard and having one one my phone makes taking photos less stressful. Going for black.

Getting the Sony Z2 in white. Best colour in my opinion on that smartphone. Will sell the Nexus 5 for it but not straight when it comes out .

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Yeah the waterproof feature is my main reason yo switch from my G2. I would've gotten the Z1 instead of my G2, but the screen sucked!

Sent from my LG-D802 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Purple on order for me! Can't wait

Posted via Android Central App

I have a black one ordered from Clove Technology and due early to mid May. I am coming from a Galaxy S3 but couldn't face the bloatware or hardware gimmicks of the S5

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

After 2.5 years of my razr maxx which still works great, I'm now interested in a new device with the Z2.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy's Jelly Bean 4.2.1

Black Z2 for me if it hits Verizon. Currently using a stock Note 3 from them.

Posted via my VZW Note 3's Android Central App

This year alone I've had a RAZR Maxx a RAZR M an HTC DNA, an HTC One and now an LG G2. The G2 is a great phone and I'm curious about the upcoming G3, but I've been obsessed with the Z2 and rolled the dice on a foreign transaction to get one. Expecting delivery sometime this week. In black.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

What about the finger prints guys?