Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pre order or not?

Hi!
    I have never before had an android phone, but I really want to buy this phone. I've had an iPhone 4 for four years now and I'm ready for some change and feel that android is more for me due to the many more customization options and the "more bang for buck".
    If I pre order I'll get the Sony "Smart Band" for "free" for 920 USD without a subscription (the same price as for an iPhone 5s). I was wondering if these phones are quickly lowered in price after they reach the market and if there's any point in waiting or if I should just pre order it?

It's a lot of money and I would prefer not to be left with buyers remorse.

Cheers,
    TrainRain

Global Posts
    31,634 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Pre order or not?

Quote Originally Posted by TrainRain View Post
    Hi!
    I have never before had an android phone, but I really want to buy this phone. I've had an iPhone 4 for four years now and I'm ready for some change and feel that android is more for me due to the many more customization options and the "more bang for buck".
    If I pre order I'll get the Sony "Smart Band" for "free" for 920 USD without a subscription (the same price as for an iPhone 5s). I was wondering if these phones are quickly lowered in price after they reach the market and if there's any point in waiting or if I should just pre order it?

Cheers,
    TrainRain
    Welcome to the forums.
    That is a lot of cash to drop. I would look and see if there is a return period in case you don't like it, or perhaps trying a different device. The Moto X is a whole new breed of awesome, and the Nexus 5 is as basic as a phone you can get and both are really inexpensive, if paying full price for devices.

$777.00
    From Clove Technology in UK with a Free $100 speaker included for preordering
    I got antsy and bought it. Ill regret it when my credit card statement comes in
    Hi!

Cheers,
    TrainRain
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    That is a lot of cash to drop. I would look and see if there is a return period in case you don't like it, or perhaps trying a different device. The Moto X is a whole new breed of awesome, and the Nexus 5 is as basic as a phone you can get and both are really inexpensive, if paying full price for devices.
    Thanks!
    I am aware of the many choices out there when it comes to android phones, but the Z2 seems to be the best and it's water proof as well. I live in Norway and it rains a lot here therefore having a waterproof phone would be a nice. I also have military service later this year so having a phone that don't break easily and have a bigger screen for surfing are also something I would appreciate. Taking these things into consideration the Sony seems like an excellent choice.

As for the screen, I am used to having an iphone which has quite a small screen and is easy to use with one hand. Is it hard to adapt to the bigger screen and do any of you feel that the screen is too big for easy handling or is it just wonderful to have it? I checked out the Z1 compact and found it to be a little bit too small, but I am afraid the Z2 will be bigger than what I find comfortable.

I will try to see if I can get some kind of return period from where I buy it

Global Posts
    31,634 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Thanks!
    I am aware of the many choices out there when it comes to android phones, but the Z2 seems to be the best and it's water proof as well. I live in Norway and it rains a lot here therefore having a waterproof phone would be a nice. I also have military service later this year so having a phone that don't break easily and have a bigger screen for surfing are also something I would appreciate. Taking these things into consideration the Sony seems like an excellent choice.

As for the screen, I am used to having an iphone which has quite a small screen and is easy to use with one hand. Is it hard to adapt to the bigger screen and do any of you feel that the screen is too big for easy handling or is it just wonderful to have it?
    Ok, some good reasons to get that specific device. Larger screens might be easier to get used to. Hard for me to say because all of my devices have hovered around 4.5 to 4.8 inches. When talking a phone that is close to 5", one thing I can suggest is to put a couple big widgets at the top to reduce your need to reach the upper left hand corner (If you are right handed) which is the harder corner to reach.

Thanks!

As for the screen, I am used to having an iphone which has quite a small screen and is easy to use with one hand. Is it hard to adapt to the bigger screen and do any of you feel that the screen is too big for easy handling or is it just wonderful to have it? I checked out the Z1 compact and found it to be a little bit too small, but I am afraid the Z2 will be bigger than what I find comfortable.

I will try to see if I can get some kind of return period from where I buy it
    Can try the z1 compact as well.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app