Extended Warranty on phones bought from UK?

thegap77

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I preordered the Z2, but now I am unsure of what extended warranty to get as Sony has told me that they will not let me PURCHASE an extended warranty because it is not a US phone.
I find it ridiculous that I cannot BUY an extended warranty just because I live in a different country but it is the same company.
I called Sony and they told me to wait till it comes out in the US but they said they have no idea when that might be.

What other options do I have for warranty? Does Clove technology sell it?

Last edited by a moderator:

malt1977

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Extended Warrantis on phones bought from UK?

We have a 2 year warranty in the UK, is it not the same in the US?

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Extended Warrantis on phones bought from UK?

I know what it's like to crave a new toy. I've had five or six different smart phones in the past year and a half. I've been monitoring the news about the Z2 and really want this device. I even went to the Sony flagship store on Madison Ave in NYC this weekend to try to get some inside info. They insist that the Z2 will be released in the States but they just didn't have a date as yet. I'm going to try and be satisfied with my G2 for the time being as I'm just not ready to take the risk of buying from an overseas source. Who knows....by the time it's released, maybe something even better will be in the works.

thegap77

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
The uk warranty doesn't apply here. It will have a 1 year manufacturer warranty but an extended warranty with accidental damage will not be provided here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk