Xperia Z2 on Sprint??

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I've had Sprint forever and never had to pay for my plan, so leaving Sprint isn't a desirable option. Up until now, I've had the luxury of being able to scoop up the original HTC Touch/Pro, Pre, Evo, One, a handful of Motorola's, etc. Most of the anticipated phones have hit Sprint.

I've always steered clear of the TV manufacturers' phones, (Sony/LG/Samsung) but recently I decided to check out the new Sony Xperia Z2, and it really excited me. For some reason I instantly became hooked on it. I'm eligible for an upgrade but have been holding out for the new One. But now I'm torn. If the Xperia Z2 doesn't hit Sprint, I wonder if it is worth switching carriers for...

Anyone know if it will in fact come to Sprint? Also would love to hear your opinions on how it compares to other Android phones dropping this Spring.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
IMO it's not likely to come to any CDMA carrier and if it does, it may be more likely on Verizon. With that said, it doesn't look as if it's coming to any U.S. carrier, CDMA or GSM.

pmjohnson99

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Yeah...definitely not coming to Sprint. I have a feeling sony wants to make a US rollout of this fone as simple as possible...which means building ONE fone and letting peeps choose their carrier. Which pretty much means VZW and Sprint will be left out in the cold since even though they are both CDMA their fones famously aren't interchangeble.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AC Forums mobile app

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
The Z2 doesn't support any of sprint's lte bands(25,26,41). So with that would say now. However, if Sony would make a Sprint variant? Then Ok.
But the chances of that happening is not very good.

Sent from my Coconut Wireless Sony Xperia Z1S

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes pure speculation. No concrete proof it's coming to any network in the States.

Posted via Android Central App