Sony Xperia Z2 should i buy?

Braini4c

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
is the Sony Xperia Z2 a good phone to get compared to the likes of the s5, htc one m8 ? i currently have the note 3 which i plan to return as it is to big for me but do not know what phone to get i just started to look at the z2 and the specs do look good.

Can someone help me? do you think geting the z2 is a good choice or not?

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm leaning towards getting the Z2 for myself. It really seems to have the best of everything.

Posted via Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
is the Sony Xperia Z2 a good phone to get compared to the likes of the s5, htc one m8 ? i currently have the note 3 which i plan to return as it is to big for me but do not know what phone to get i just started to look at the z2 and the specs do look good.

Can someone help me? do you think geting the z2 is a good choice or not?

The Z2 is an excellent phone! It has the latest 801 Snapdragon CPU, 2GB of Ram, and a great camera. The M8, Z2, and the S5 all have similar screen sizes, so if 5 inches of screen space is comfortable with you, you should not have a problem. Compared to rest of the competition, you won't be left behind with the Z2.

xorua

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm considering getting a z2 as well, but i live in the U.S.. Comparing to z2 to s5 they are pretty good. Saw the m8 reveal today and not really impressed, that camera really up to par with the other flagship phones.

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I'm hoping it comes out sometime for T-Mobile. I was hoping a surprise on the camera for the new HTC One, but alas it's still sucks. Z2 please make it to T-Mobile.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

sodalimon

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I'll too be waiting for a 32GB version myself...

I just have one question in mind. I'll be glad if someone may be of any help (I do not know anyone in person that owns an xperia z series phone).
My question is about the durability of the phone's surface and the screen.
Will it survive falls? The glassy look really worries me.
Also, what about scratches and finger prints?
I really have no sony experience on mobile phones, so please forgive my ignorance...

intrepid359

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping it comes out sometime for T-Mobile. I was hoping a surprise on the camera for the new HTC One, but alas it's still sucks. Z2 please make it to T-Mobile.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Just buy the Z2 (model 6503) from eBay. It works on T-Mobile & AT&T. It has all of the frequencies for any GSM carrier in North America. I routinely get 40Mbps down/7Mbps up on AT&T LTE on my Z2. The phone is awesome.

If anyone is considering the Z2, I can make it really simple for you. There are really no downsides to this phone. Spec-wise, it's the best. It has a 2.3Ghz CPU whereas the S5 has a 2.5Ghz, but the GPUs are both clocked at the same speed, so your gaming should be awesome. I have literally never seen the Z2 lag or stutter. The screen is awesome. The speakers are on par with the HTC One 2014. The camera is great. It's waterproof and dustproof. It looks fantastic and has a very premium feel. If you're looking at hardware, Sony takes the crown.

So what it comes down to is software and updates. Do you want a stock-like experience? Get the Z2. Do you want heavily modified UIs? Get the S5 or the One. The unlocked version of the Z2 has absolutely no carrier bloat, no tethering restrictions, and no carrier standing in the way to slow down firmware updates. Someone asked me yesterday if there were any negatives to my Z2. I mentioned a software bug that ruined a good app built into the phone. I woke up this morning and that very same app has a bugfix update. The app now works perfectly. There are no negatives now.

sodalimon

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Just buy the Z2 (model 6503) from eBay. It works on T-Mobile & AT&T. It has all of the frequencies for any GSM carrier in North America. I routinely get 40Mbps down/7Mbps up on AT&T LTE on my Z2. The phone is awesome.

If anyone is considering the Z2, I can make it really simple for you. There are really no downsides to this phone. Spec-wise, it's the best. It has a 2.3Ghz CPU whereas the S5 has a 2.5Ghz, but the GPUs are both clocked at the same speed, so your gaming should be awesome. I have literally never seen the Z2 lag or stutter. The screen is awesome. The speakers are on par with the HTC One 2014. The camera is great. It's waterproof and dustproof. It looks fantastic and has a very premium feel. If you're looking at hardware, Sony takes the crown.

So what it comes down to is software and updates. Do you want a stock-like experience? Get the Z2. Do you want heavily modified UIs? Get the S5 or the One. The unlocked version of the Z2 has absolutely no carrier bloat, no tethering restrictions, and no carrier standing in the way to slow down firmware updates. Someone asked me yesterday if there were any negatives to my Z2. I mentioned a software bug that ruined a good app built into the phone. I woke up this morning and that very same app has a bugfix update. The app now works perfectly. There are no negatives now.

That was useful, thanks a lot for that...

Are you able to compare to an OIS camera phone?

liamd77

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I think it ticks all the boxes. My only hesitation is its physical size. Are people reporting that as a problem?

Tina Cole Emilia

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I have an unlocked Z2
on order from eBay. This will be my first unlocked phone and first purchase through eBay. I thought about waiting for the LG G3 but didn't.
I also worried about only 16gb on board but after reviewing my Note 3 storage I am not using near 16gb even with all the Samsung and carrier bloat.

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I'll too be waiting for a 32GB version myself...

I just have one question in mind. I'll be glad if someone may be of any help (I do not know anyone in person that owns an xperia z series phone).
My question is about the durability of the phone's surface and the screen.
Will it survive falls? The glassy look really worries me.
Also, what about scratches and finger prints?
I really have no sony experience on mobile phones, so please forgive my ignorance...

I think if HTC had stepped up their game as regards the camera, I might have gone with the New One but I decided on the Z2 and durability is a real concern for me. I have always used the two piece hard shell cases that Verizon sells since they protect the phone so well, but until Verizon starts offering this phone, those cases won't be available. As of now, I'm a little petrified of dropping this thing. It's not as if I can fall back on my AT&T insurance and get a new one if this one shatters. The overly cautious way I handle my Z2 takes most of the enjoyment out of it for me. It is a great phone though.

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
You should definitely shop online for cases. I can tell you there are tons of companies that make cases I'm sure for the z2 that would be better then anything Verizon can release. I would never buy and accessories from wireless carriers. Always over priced and garbage.

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
You should definitely shop online for cases. I can tell you there are tons of companies that make cases I'm sure for the z2 that would be better then anything Verizon can release. I would never buy and accessories from wireless carriers. Always over priced and garbage.

I bought a DPair leather sleeve on eBay and waiting for it to be delivered. I hate overpaying too, but those hardshell cases exclusive to Verizon have saved my phones countless times.

sodalimon

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I think if HTC had stepped up their game as regards the camera, I might have gone with the New One but I decided on the Z2 and durability is a real concern for me. I have always used the two piece hard shell cases that Verizon sells since they protect the phone so well, but until Verizon starts offering this phone, those cases won't be available. As of now, I'm a little petrified of dropping this thing. It's not as if I can fall back on my AT&T insurance and get a new one if this one shatters. The overly cautious way I handle my Z2 takes most of the enjoyment out of it for me. It is a great phone though.

Thanks a lot for the kind response :)

I see we're on the same page on this issue. You just described how I'd feel...

Don't know what I'm gonna do about it though. I really dislike mounted cases. Guess I'll have to get used to it :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy