Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I found somewhere they had it in this order APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri,fota
and I got 5.65 which I think is good for my area

Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll try too, while I don't see the correlation I typed those in off the top of my head for the first time ever...I knew the order was incorrect. You're welcome and do yourself a favor and take a screenshot or write those down...Google wording is tricky and I've had a hard time finding it again when I need it.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

tpags

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Shipped Tuesday night, still haven't recieved tracking yet. Should I be worried?

I also ordered Tuesday afternoon. I received a confirmation of the order but I had to email them for the tracking #. They were very responsive with emailing back through the whole thing just as Jiggy said they were. I received my phone today.

Posted via Android Central App

thegap77

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
So I figured it out. Settings were fine. But I was using an iphone 5 SIM card with an adapter and that was causing problems. Took It to att and 2 drooling employees later it works great. 16mbs so far as my highest speed.
Great phone!!

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
So I figured it out. Settings were fine. But I was using an iphone 5 SIM card with an adapter and that was causing problems. Took It to att and 2 drooling employees later it works great. 16mbs so far as my highest speed.
Great phone!!

You know I've been told by Att that you should always get a new Sim with a new phone. Never have but I might just to see.

Wait a couple days......I like it more every day.

tpags

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't be happier returning the M8 for the Z2. This being my first Sony phone, I'm loving it! The biggest thing is when you grab this phone it is solid. No annoying rattles or loose buttons. Screen is very bright with vibrant colors and the camera is far better than what I'm used to on a phone.

And the dock is a pretty sweet extra, I wish US carriers would put little extras like this in with their phones that you're paying an arm and a leg for.

+1 to Jiggy for the heads up on genuine-only. I was very hesitant on pulling the trigger on an ebayer from overseas. I'm still shocked with the whole 3 day shipping from Taiwan.

Posted via Android Central App

thegap77

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Ok back to Debbie downer
My gfs. IPhone is getting 40mbs
I'm back at 5.
Isn't Att lte. Bands supported?

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok back to Debbie downer
My gfs. IPhone is getting 40mbs
I'm back at 5.
Isn't Att lte. Bands supported?

May sound dumb but are you sure iPhone is not on Wi-Fi? I think 40mb is right near the max for lte reserved for select markets....like big cities....Chicago, NY, Dallas etc.

thegap77

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
May sound dumb but are you sure iPhone is not on Wi-Fi? I think 40mb is right near the max for lte reserved for select markets....like big cities....Chicago, NY, Dallas etc.

I wish it was. I'm in San Jose Silicon Valley area so speeds are high. But Ya it clocked a high speed and mid 30's with her att iphone Lte, however I turned lte off on the z2 phone and I still get the same speeds. I think it's just not getting the lte signal

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I wish it was. I'm in San Jose Silicon Valley area so speeds are high. But Ya it clocked a high speed and mid 30's with her att iphone Lte, however I turned lte off on the z2 phone and I still get the same speeds. I think it's just not getting the lte signal

It seems no matter what APN setting I try I get 10mbs. Now you've peaked my interest. Bedtime for now though.

intrepid359

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Well there's 2 things. Basically run a speedtest with both and compare....the US marketing calls Hspa+ 4G while most of world gives it its own symbol. (You have purchased a non carrier unlocked phone so it won't say LTE unless it's true Lte) So for me for example, I hear people say all the time "well my phone gets 4G....there's no true 4G where I am....providers call anything faster than 3g, 4g..

Secondly, the APN settings I gave you are one of many you can find by googling... "APN settings for ATT LTE" for example. Try different settings and run speedtests until your speed matches your iPad.

My X2 definitely says LTE all the time. I'm using it on AT&T. I haven't seen "4G" used at all.

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
My X2 definitely says LTE all the time. I'm using it on AT&T. I haven't seen "4G" used at all.

That post was a one on one response to help someone I was having a back and forth with. *Out of context it's a bit of a scatterbrained post. *The point was that companies, most notably AT&T, refer to any speed above 3G (3mb/s or so) as 4G, then in the same breath they'll interchange the terms 4G and LTE, as I did in my post. *I will most likely never see speeds greater than 10mb/s where I live yet everyone's phone shows "LTE". *Unlocked phones (pre-carrier) displays the legit signal (3G, HSPA+, LTE etc)...The carriers generalize it to make it look faster than it is. *The poster had said it was his first international phone so I was trying to make him aware of the terminology.

Unless you are actually pulling LTE an international unlocked phone won't say so....You obviously are at 30+mb/s, that's why your phone says LTE all the time. *I, on the other hand, am on H+ until I go to Boston or NYC and it shows LTE and the speeds agree.

intrepid359

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
That post was a one on one response to help someone I was having a back and forth with. *Out of context it's a bit of a scatterbrained post. *The point was that companies, most notably AT&T, refer to any speed above 3G (3mb/s or so) as 4G, then in the same breath they'll interchange the terms 4G and LTE, as I did in my post. *I will most likely never see speeds greater than 10mb/s where I live yet everyone's phone shows "LTE". *Unlocked phones (pre-carrier) displays the legit signal (3G, HSPA+, LTE etc)...The carriers generalize it to make it look faster than it is. *The poster had said it was his first international phone so I was trying to make him aware of the terminology.

Unless you are actually pulling LTE an international unlocked phone won't say so....You obviously are at 30+mb/s, that's why your phone says LTE all the time. *I, on the other hand, am on H+ until I go to Boston or NYC and it shows LTE and the speeds agree.

Weird, my other AT&T-branded phone also differentiated between 4G (otherwise known as 3G) and LTE. I've never come across a phone that didn't differentiate in that fashion. Then again, I don't really pay any attention to the icon either lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21