Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 57
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

    Here you go:



    After 15 minutes I can tell you there is no way this level of craftsmanship is a fake! This thing is sick looking...One thing I don't think the reviews stress enough is how much lighter and/or better balanced the Z2 is over the Z1S.....Screen=sick.....Feel=awesome....bonus dock=bonus....

    eats7 and gap77 made the right move....waiting is for the birds.

    Safe to say I'll have the phone in my hands for the rest of the night....I'll load up androidcentral app in case you have any other questions.
    See this post for another amendment to my video in regards to the included mic.

    Do the headphones have an inline mic and buttons?
    Last edited by jiggyb21; 04-01-2014 at 05:26 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

    Phone looks great. I'll certainly be tempted to pick one up in the coming weeks.
    How does it feel in hand? Any rattles or loose buttons?

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. #3  
    tpags's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

    Default Re: Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

    Good to hear, just ordered from the same person. Can't wait to get it!! Enjoy your new toy.

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

    Quote Originally Posted by Jdane07 View Post
    Phone looks great. I'll certainly be tempted to pick one up in the coming weeks.
    How does it feel in hand? Any rattles or loose buttons?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Basically the "omni-balance" design was my only complaint about the Z1S. I love the way it looks but I was used to the HTC One and then Nexus 5 which both feel made for my hand. After a week with the Z1S I got used to the handling of it but it was still a little top heavy. When I would reach for the notification bar it would want to topple out of my hands. The Z2 definitely feels better balanced as of they moved the battery down lower in the body. Having said all that I always appreciated how the square phones with a little more bezel feel in landscape. They're not so cramped and more stable due to the sharper edges. I digress.

    The power and volume buttons seem (for the sake of quantifying) 10-15% easier to push. Which is welcome. No rattles, nothing loose.

    Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    eats7 
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

    thank you so much! Happy with my purchase. Hopefully i dont have to wait too long for the shipping!
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

    So sexy. I want it. AT&T- you need this phone.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

    Are u using it on T-Mo or AT&T? Also, does it feel heavy in your hand? Finally, how's the screen brightness (when you really crank the brightness up)?

    Sent from my EVO LTE baby!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

    Quote Originally Posted by a22matic View Post
    Are u using it on T-Mo or AT&T? Also, does it feel heavy in your hand? Finally, how's the screen brightness (when you really crank the brightness up)?

    Sent from my EVO LTE baby!
    At&t.
    Your other questions are relative I think. It feels super heavy when compared to a Nexus 5. Lighter compared to a Z1. I hadn't cranked up the brightness until you asked. It's really bright, granted it's dark out and I can't gauge it in sunlight. It's bright though.....I'd liken it to an HTC One M7.

    Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

    Thanks for the response. After you give it a good run, please update us on the reception performance.

    Sent from my EVO LTE baby!
    Skyway likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

    Quote Originally Posted by a22matic View Post
    Thanks for the response. After you give it a good run, please update us on the reception performance.

    Sent from my EVO LTE baby!
    I will. I'm more keen on reception than I used to be...I had an s3, then HTC One, Nexus 5, and to see if I'd like the style(in prep for Z2), a used Z1s. I live in Vermont in a valley. There are several small dead spots in my town. It's been that way for a decade. The Z1s filled almost all of those dead spots with not only voice but some data. It was something I was not expecting at all. It's not so much that I get service where others don't as much as being able to hold a call or website load through a usual dead spot. I really hope the Z2 performs the same in this regard. I'll know tomorrow.

    Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 2:
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

    I'm in too guys, same seller. I'll update with what accessories I get and shipping time.

    Thanks Jiggy!
  12. #12  
    tpags's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

    Default Re: Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

    I ordered from genuine-only on Monday afternoon and just got the email that it has shipped. Only thing is that there isn't a tracking # as of yet, maybe it's too early.

    Jiggy , when u got the first notice that it had shipped was the tracking number with it. Or was it updated with tracking # later?

    Posted via Android Central App
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

    Quote Originally Posted by tpags View Post
    I ordered from genuine-only on Monday afternoon and just got the email that it has shipped. Only thing is that there isn't a tracking # as of yet, maybe it's too early.

    Jiggy , when u got the first notice that it had shipped was the tracking number with it. Or was it updated with tracking # later?

    Posted via Android Central App
    I ordered late Sunday night, received shipping confirmation when I woke up Monday...then a second email saying thank you for my purchase with a tracking number and a link to FedEx tracking. I checked it immediately and it was already leaving the country. I bet by the time you get tracking info it's already on it's way.
  14. #14  
    tpags's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

    Default Re: Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

    Quote Originally Posted by jiggyb21 View Post
    I ordered late Sunday night, received shipping confirmation when I woke up Monday...then a second email saying thank you for my purchase with a tracking number and a link to FedEx tracking. I checked it immediately and it was already leaving the country. I bet by the time you get tracking info it's already on it's way.
    Awesome? This will be my first Xperia device, can't wait to check it out. Out of all the devices you have had in the past, how does this stack up?

    I just returned my HTC One M8, decided to go with what I thought would be a better all around device in the Z2. My only question is how are the front facing speakers on the Z2. The boomsound and the build was the only thing that I liked about the M8.

    Posted via Android Central App
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

    I'll say this... I've seen several reviews that have the Z2 neck and neck with the M8 as far as speakers go. I can't imagine that can be true. They are the second best phone speakers I've ever heard behind the M7. They are plenty loud and to me, more importantly, they are on the front and there are two of them. They just not as full as the M7's were. I see it like this. There has to be a waterproof membrane in the way of the sound and I think it shows. On the flip side, the noise-canceling ear buds sounds really great. I've spent $50 or more and not had this kind of sounds yet in ear buds. And I will continue to be fascinated by the noise cancellation. I am a carpenter and spent all day planing and milling lumber.....table saw, etc. It's awesome! Not to mention I streamed music all day long and got home with 70% battery. That 3200mah battery was the final selling point for me.
    Thanked by 2:
    eats7tpags 
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

    Quote Originally Posted by jiggyb21 View Post
    I ordered late Sunday night, received shipping confirmation when I woke up Monday...then a second email saying thank you for my purchase with a tracking number and a link to FedEx tracking. I checked it immediately and it was already leaving the country. I bet by the time you get tracking info it's already on it's way.
    I got the email saying it shipped but no tracking yet. Just waiting for it so I can monitor it's way into my hands!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    tpags 
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

    Just got my email a couple hours ago too, can't wait!

    Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

    lol same boat. it was weird, i sent them an email at 830pm asking if it shipped ~30 seconds later got an automated email back sayin its been shipped. i was so baffled lol. I guess ill have to wait till tomorrow for tracking, too.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

    Quote Originally Posted by eats7 View Post
    lol same boat. it was weird, i sent them an email at 830pm asking if it shipped ~30 seconds later got an automated email back sayin its been shipped. i was so baffled lol. I guess ill have to wait till tomorrow for tracking, too.
    I sent an email asking for my tracking number haha. Still waiting


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

    It makes me feel a bit more normal hearing that you guys have no patience.

    Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Jdane07 and sodalimon like this.
  21. #21  
    tpags's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

    Default Re: Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

    Genuine just sent me an email with tracking #. Estimated time of arrival is tomorrow. Hell yeah!!

    Posted via Android Central App
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

    Same here. It will be here tomorrow


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

    Question I am seeing updates of the Taiwanese models not containing the Sony G Lens -- what does this pertain to and how would that change the phone? I even see some of Genuine-only listing now including the statement


    Thanks for the help
  24. #24  
    tpags's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

    Default Re: Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

    Quote Originally Posted by cjack12 View Post
    Question I am seeing updates of the Taiwanese models not containing the Sony G Lens -- what does this pertain to and how would that change the phone? I even see some of Genuine-only listing now including the statement


    Thanks for the help
    The G lens is the camera lens they use. The phone I bought from Genuine, the listing did not say that. Weird!! I don't know how that wouldn't be in there or why they would use a different lens for that model.
    I'm interested to know if the phone Jiggy got from them has it or not.

    Posted via Android Central App
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

    Default Re: Taiwanese Z2 Unboxing for eats7

    Quote Originally Posted by tpags View Post
    The G lens is the camera lens they use. The phone I bought from Genuine, the listing did not say that. Weird!! I don't know how that wouldn't be in there or why they would use a different lens for that model.
    I'm interested to know if the phone Jiggy got from them has it or not.

    Posted via Android Central App
    It has a capital "G" next to the lens.....
    It take really good pictures. Considerably better than the ZS1 I was using.

    If I was more motivated and had more time I'd do a review. I watched every review that exists 5 times each before I got the phone and, in retrospect, they're all so generic. I think they see too many phones every day and they probably all blend together. Nobody's fault I guess but having used the phone for two days so many things seem obvious. The blog site reviews I read and saw didn't do it any justice, they just copycat each other.

    For example all the buttons feel better, the phone feels way lighter in the hand, better balanced too.The rounded corners make it easier to hold. The glass feels thinner for better or worse. The camera seems better in every way imaginable. Opens faster, focuses faster, takes better pictures, better color.

    Headphones sound really good.

    ......off the top of my head.


    Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. SEIDIO OBEX Waterproof Case for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    By seidioseidio in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-26-2014, 05:35 PM
  2. [NEW FREE GAME] Tap insanely for the goodness! "Fly Hard"
    By Alexander Alexander in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2014, 04:02 PM

Posting Permissions