Att lte/apn settings for Xperia z2

thegap77

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
If anyone is using with att
Please share settings if possible and download speed.
I'm not getting lte speeds yet. Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sevans

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Strangely enough LTE is off by default. If you enable it under mobile network settings it works fine.

I didn't change the APN from default.

thegap77

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Strangely enough LTE is off by default. If you enable it under mobile network settings it works fine.

I didn't change the APN from default.

I'm still not getting it. Any ideas? I have enabled it
It says lte preferred: gsm/CDMA

thegap77

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure you have an LTE sim? Did you have LTE on your previous phone?

I'm getting that rechecked today. I took it to the att store but no my old iphone was from verizon so on att it did not have lte

Can you screen shot a pic with yours saying att, because at the store the first thing they tell me is, international phones don't have lte

tpags

May 1, 2011
Visit site
You have to make sure that not only do you have an LTE Sim card but make sure they have you on a LTE data plan. I had a problem with this last year with an unlocked phone. Their system didn't recognize the IMEI since they didn't sell it so it didn't have me on an LTE data plan. I called 611 and made sure they switched it and I started seeing better speeds.

Posted via Android Central App

sevans

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Any one have a screen shot of the lte sign or of their high speeds?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I can't get a current screenshot as I'm not in an LTE area at the moment but this was yesterday. Easiest way to verify is borrow the sim from a working LTE phone. AT&T store should be able to test that. My APN is just the automatically created settings under Internet Settings.

speedtest.png

tpags

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I can't get a current screenshot as I'm not in an LTE area at the moment but this was yesterday. Easiest way to verify is borrow the sim from a working LTE phone. AT&T store should be able to test that. My APN is just the automatically created settings under Internet Settings.

View attachment 111033

What app do you use for the speed test?

Posted via Android Central App

thegap77

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Ok so finally!!
I went to the store. They told me that international phones don't work with LTE. Blah blah.
I told him to give me a Sim card from a galaxy s4
Once we. Put it in immediately it said lte and speeds were high.
So he activated a new account as an s4 and put the Sim card in.
So if anyone has it say H+ now they know

intrepid359

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok so finally!!
I went to the store. They told me that international phones don't work with LTE. Blah blah.
I told him to give me a Sim card from a galaxy s4
Once we. Put it in immediately it said lte and speeds were high.
So he activated a new account as an s4 and put the Sim card in.
So if anyone has it say H+ now they know

Here you go. This photo shows 1) the LTE symbol on my Sony Xperia Z2 D6503 and 2) the 2 speed tests I've ran today. International phones definitely can get LTE, that's why the Z2 has all of those LTE bands.

Screenshot_2014-04-07-18-47-23.jpg

Last edited:

ashish aleti

May 9, 2014
Visit site
intrepid359

can you please share your LTE APN settings.

I used my previous Samsung s4 IMEI to activate a new LTE sim card for my xperia Z2 D6503. Unfortulnately it only shows up as 4G and not LTE. The phone downloaded the default internet and MMS settings. I am in the seattle area.

please help

Ashish

cdd543

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
intrepid359

can you please share your LTE APN settings.

I used my previous Samsung s4 IMEI to activate a new LTE sim card for my xperia Z2 D6503. Unfortulnately it only shows up as 4G and not LTE. The phone downloaded the default internet and MMS settings. I am in the seattle area.

please help

Ashish

If your firmware is .69 instead of .55, then the logo changed to 4G only instead of 4GLTE. It's connecting, but doesn't show the icon.
gudyha5a.jpg
he6esema.jpg

jspring86

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyone who has used T-mobile able to get the LTE symbol on their phone after setting up the APN settings? I am only getting a 4G symbol right now...

noobs101

May 16, 2014
Visit site
i have the xperia z2 d6503 and on t-mobile network but i cant seem to get lte network option its only telling me 4g.....is anyone having this issue i would like to get my lte up and going if anyone can help

jspring86

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
That is what I was referring to. You won't see a LTE icon, as the previous poster mentioned it was changed to 4G after the latest firmware update. Just run a speedtest to make sure you are getting reasonable speeds!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173