Adding widgets to home screens?

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I can't seem to figure out the simplest thing, adding widgets to my home screen.

On Samsung it was right there net to my apps. All I can find now is the small window widgets which get placed over all the windows. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my D6503 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I can't seem to figure out the simplest thing, adding widgets to my home screen.

On Samsung it was right there net to my apps. All I can find now is the small window widgets which get placed over all the windows. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my D6503 using AC Forums mobile app

Try longpressing an empty place on a homescreen.

thegap77

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I can't seem to figure out why dashclock notifications don't appear on my lock screen
Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Just my email. Missed calls. Texts. And weather

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

There should be a Dashclock settings widget. Try placing that and then clicking it. That should bring you to Extensions. There, you can add some extensions, but the choices are limited to what comes with Dashclock. To get more you can search for Dashclock Extensions in Play.

thegap77

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
There should be a Dashclock settings widget. Try placing that and then clicking it. That should bring you to Extensions. There, you can add some extensions, but the choices are limited to what comes with Dashclock. To get more you can search for Dashclock Extensions in Play.

I've added all the extensions I want. I just can't get it on the lock screen like on iPhone. They. Appear once I unlock the phone but I want to see it without unlocking

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you actually placed the DashClock lockscreen widget on a lockscreen? This is the process on vanilla Android on my Nexus 5: Press Power to turn the screen off, then turn it on again to get back to the lockscreen. Then swipe in from the left until you get the big [+] sign, and tap it. You will then get a list of available lockscreen widgets to add. Pick DashClock. If you want DashClock to be the default lockscreen, then swipe back to the usual clock lockscreen widget, long press it, and remove it. Keep removing lockscreen widgets until DashClock is the default one. You can always add other lockscreen widgets back, using the same process described above.

intrepid359

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I've added all the extensions I want. I just can't get it on the lock screen like on iPhone. They. Appear once I unlock the phone but I want to see it without unlocking

You have to enable lock screen widgets in the Settings. It's in the Security section, second from the top.