Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LuvMusic
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 16GB is enough?

Guys I'm moving from HTC One to Sony Z2, but my question is will 16GB enough for apps? I never used any mobile with memory card before, so it like Apps would give me the option to install them on SD?

Default Re: 16GB is enough?

Quote Originally Posted by kasperkyd View Post
    Guys I'm moving from HTC One to Sony Z2, but my question is will 16GB enough for apps? I never used any mobile with memory card before, so it like Apps would give me the option to install them on SD?
    Depends on how many apps you require and how large the files are. If your a mobile gamer as well as large photography apps and such that can be memory intensive then perhaps 16gb wont be enough.

I have also read that its expandable upto 64gb whilst other sites are stating 128gb i would presume that the latter would be its availability.

As for installing apps to Sd im not sure of with the new permissions of 4.4.2 kitkat.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    Depends on how many apps you require and how large the files are. If your a mobile gamer as well as large photography apps and such that can be memory intensive then perhaps 16gb wont be enough.

I have also read that its expandable upto 64gb whilst other sites are stating 128gb i would presume that the latter would be its availability.

As for installing apps to Sd im not sure of with the new permissions of 4.4.2 kitkat.

Posted via Android Central App
    Yes I download a lot, but lets confirm if kitkat would allow Apps to be installed on SD!!

Anyone with Kitkat 4.4.2 Z2 please confirm the ability to install apps on SD

Quote Originally Posted by kasperkyd View Post
    Yes I download a lot, but lets confirm if kitkat would allow Apps to be installed on SD!!

Anyone with Kitkat 4.4.2 Z2 please confirm the ability to install apps on SD
    On stock KitKat no app installs / moves to SD card allowed. Only data and media. I'm waiting for a 32gb Z2. I have a Z1s on TMo with 32gb and that seems to work well for me. 16gb wouldn't be enough.

My 2 cents.
    sodalimon likes this.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMusic View Post
    On stock KitKat no app installs / moves to SD card allowed. Only data and media. I'm waiting for a 32gb Z2. I have a Z1s on TMo with 32gb and that seems to work well for me. 16gb wouldn't be enough.

My 2 cents.
    I don't know what they're trying to achieve by releasing a 16GB-flagship at this age (I do know in fact, but I feel sorry knowing).
    Everyone knows a 32GB variant -somehow- will be released sooner or later. Probably at the same price, this one is right now.

Is it the easy way for the second 2014 flagship device?
    Will it be enough by then? Will the other brands wait for Sony? Will I?

Even my 2009 Symbian has 16GB onboard. Gosh! Wonder how is it gonna feel to buy a dream phone waiting for 6 months just to get the 32GB's. Ruining all the fun and pleasure, it is called, in my dictionary.

By then, who knows what will happen