AT&T LTE?

xorua

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
So i've had the phone for a few days , went to the store to get it activated. But only getting H and H+?

Does it work with at&t LTE? I called them up and they said my IMEI cannot be recognized, only other way is to use another android device IMEI... which i don't have.

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: At&t LTE?

Yes, it works with AT&Ts LTE. I had the same problem when I first had mine and I took it to the device support center here in lower Manhattan. Even the tech didn't know what the problem was until he stumbled upon the answer. Since it's a foreign market phone, there's some software that needs to be downloaded to allow the phone to communicate with The U.S AT&T LTE network. As soon as it was installed, I had instant LTE. I wish I could be specific, but I just didn't catch what it was called, but if you ask a tech about it specifically, I'm sure they can help you.

xorua

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: At&t LTE?

Yes, it works with AT&Ts LTE. I had the same problem when I first had mine and I took it to the device support center here in lower Manhattan. Even the tech didn't know what the problem was until he stumbled upon the answer. Since it's a foreign market phone, there's some software that needs to be downloaded to allow the phone to communicate with The U.S AT&T LTE network. As soon as it was installed, I had instant LTE. I wish I could be specific, but I just didn't catch what it was called, but if you ask a tech about it specifically, I'm sure they can help you.

Spoke with 3 att reps but they couldn't help me, said its a foreign phone something something not guaranteed to work with at&t so im stuck with 3g. Damn i wish you remembered what you did

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Don't speak with any goofy reps. They never know anything. Go to an actual repair center for att and speak with a service tech there. I'm sure they can figure it out.

Posted via Android Central App

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Lol, I feel ya. AT&T is stupid. Just go into an AT&T store and get the IMEI of any display phone with Android, and then call them up and tell them you purchased whatever type of phone you got it from, give them the IMEI, and voila! I always buy unlocked off contract and have successfully done this several times.

Only other thing you might or might not have to do is manually enter the correct APN settings for LTE. You can copy the APN settings from a display unit in their store. If they ask if they can help you with anything, tell them that they're too stupid to.

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
All it took was some fiddling in settings....maybe in tools-mobile network settings. I really wish I was paying closer attention, but he was behind the counter. All I know is it was a quick download and he was able to click on AT&T and, done. You're not stuck with 3G.

xorua

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
All it took was some fiddling in settings....maybe in tools-mobile network settings. I really wish I was paying closer attention, but he was behind the counter. All I know is it was a quick download and he was able to click on AT&T and, done. You're not stuck with 3G.

First time i went to get sim, we couldn't even get any connection and they told me well maybe its an unlocked phone you can't get data, left the store and did something similar and downloaded and got H+ speeds but not LTE.

sevans

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
You need LTE activated on your account which can only be done from an AT&T IMEI. The easiest way is to get them to configure a sim using one of their display phones and then install that sim in to your Z2. Once it's added to your account you're fine for future phones. Shame AT&T makes this so difficult.
All new users will need to go to Wireless & Networks -> Internet settings to install the correct network settings as well.

xorua

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
You need LTE activated on your account which can only be done from an AT&T IMEI. The easiest way is to get them to configure a sim using one of their display phones and then install that sim in to your Z2. Once it's added to your account you're fine for future phones. Shame AT&T makes this so difficult.
All new users will need to go to Wireless & Networks -> Internet settings to install the correct network settings as well.

Will it work with the display phones?, i asked the other time i went in and they said something about it being unique and can't be used for two devices.

sevans

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I know several people who've had to do it. You just need an AT&T IMEI for the LTE account activation. It isn't used after that. If you can get one of the reps to try their sim in your phone it will get LTE.

intrepid359

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Mine just worked with AT&T LTE from the start.

xorua

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I know several people who've had to do it. You just need an AT&T IMEI for the LTE account activation. It isn't used after that. If you can get one of the reps to try their sim in your phone it will get LTE.

I got it to work with LTE with some random one IMEI and calling them up. I guess you have to tell them its an at&t phone or else they won't bother with you. Will they notice if someone else uses the IMEI? Does att update the imei when you use the sony z2, cause im kind afraid of the random imei not working.

Last edited:

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I got it to work with LTE with some random one IMEI and calling them up. I guess you have to tell them its an at&t phone or else they won't bother with you. Will they notice if someone else uses the IMEI? Does att update the imei when you use the sony z2, cause im kind afraid of the old imei not working.

No. Once LTE is active on your account, it won't matter if someone else uses that IMEI. And their system will soon show your phone as unknown, but that's fine too and LTE will continue to work.

xorua

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
No. Once LTE is active on your account, it won't matter if someone else uses that IMEI. And their system will soon show your phone as unknown, but that's fine too and LTE will continue to work.

So it updates the IMEI with the z2 but keep LTE? I was happy with LTE speeds!, but then felt like a I made a huge mistake because I might get caught or something.

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Don't know if this choice is automatically there or something needs to be downloaded first, but..... Settings... Wireless networks.... More..... Internet settings..... "accept"..... Choose AT&T.

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
So it updates the IMEI with the z2 but keep LTE?

Yep

I was happy with LTE speeds!, but then felt like a I made a huge mistake because I might get caught or something.

You won't get "caught" because you aren't doing anything wrong or against AT&T policies. The only reason you had to lie to them about your IMEI initially is because AT&T doesn't train their employees on how to set up accounts with non-AT&T phones that support LTE, so the employees usually get confused and just refuse to do anything.

thegap77

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Just tell the Att rep to activate your account with an s5 and then put that Sim card into your phone. Easiest explanation I can think of

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

AirSupply

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I am using my Z2 on ATT Gophone plan and the LTE signal is very strong. I just got a new sim card from ATT store to use ISIS service.

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I am using my Z2 on ATT Gophone plan and the LTE signal is very strong. I just got a new sim card from ATT store to use ISIS service.

I just wasted an hour in a AT&T store with reps who couldn't get cellular service back on my phone after installing a new SIM. I went in hoping to get in on the ISIS promotion and after finally getting service restored, I get the message that ISIS is not supported on my phone. Were you successful in getting ISIS to work?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers