Xperia Z2: I HATE rumors...but sometimes where there's smoke there's fire

pmjohnson99

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
I can't stand the internet sometimes. Sites write things like "sources" and "may" and "rumors". But it's always hard to say what's rumor, what's the truth and what's the manufacture crowd sources things.

So I found this:
Sony Xperia Z2 Verizon US exclusivity prospect » Phone Reviews

A Google search found more "speculation" but no concrete answers. Seems out of character for VZW to have and exclusive with Sony, but who knows? Not happy about this but hopefully if it still happens I can get a US unlocked phone. Would like to switch to T-Mobile and it's network.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: I HATE rumors...but sometimes where there's smoke there's fire.

I'd hate to live in America where the carriers dictate what phones go where and so on. It just doesn't happen in the uk on the same scale. I hate the fact they have to brand their devices.

Posted via Android Central App

pmjohnson99

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site

does the z2 also have a cdma radio?

Completely possible since there is CDMA in Japan. My old Sprint BB Curve phone has worked there in the past! And also radios can be added fairly easily, it's what they pay engineers to figure out.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I'd hate to live in America where the carriers dictate what phones go where and so on. It just doesn't happen in the uk on the same scale. I hate the fact they have to brand their devices.

The carriers don't dictate what phones are available. That's up to the manufacturer, but there are times when some phones are exclusive to the US or don't sell overseas until a few months later and vice versa.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Being exclusive, the carriers usually dictate... With money. Apple didn't choose to be strictly att for the first few years, att paid them to

Sent from my D6503 using AC Forums mobile app

doublestack1

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

The Z2 tablet is coming to vzw. I really hope the phone makes it there as well.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

The carriers don't dictate what phones are available. That's up to the manufacturer, but there are times when some phones are exclusive to the US or don't sell overseas until a few months later and vice versa.

That's not true. A manufacturer sells phones. A carrier decides what phones it wants to buy.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

That's not true. A manufacturer sells phones. A carrier decides what phones it wants to buy.

I'm sure it's a little of both, which is why you see a lot of Europe or Asia exclusive phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674