| || |
*Sony Xperia Z2... Forgot the Xperia part*
Just received my Z2 this morning.
I purchased a black variant from Genuine-only on eBay on Monday morning. Received tracking info on Wednesday and it was delivered Thursday morning at about 9am. Everyone has praised the shipping of these guys, and I'll echo that sentiment....2-3 days to get this all the way over here from Taiwan is impressive. I don't feel so bad paying $850 considering shipping must have been a ton.
So being a variant from Taiwan, I received the noise-cancelling earbuds (which I've yet to try), the magnetic dock (which is awesome!) and the standard will adaptor.
Here's some early thoughts:
- This thing feels nice. Maybe not as nice as the M8 I returned, but impressive nonetheless. People have complained about size and shape, but I love it. I never feel like it will slip from my hands.
- Lots have complained about hardware issues, but it appears mine is pretty well-made. I have no gaskets or anything showing. However, I have an ever so slight gap on the top right corner. Not something that bothers me (and I am OCD -- I returned the M8 for loose buttons, twice).
- Battery seems legit. Came with a 60% charge. Been using nonstop today and I'm at 6% now with 3 hours and 20 minutes of onscreen time.
- Software is nice. I've owned about every flagship this last year, and this might be the simplest and cleanest skin.
- Speakers are pretty good. Obviously not as loud as the M8, but they are perfectly clear and provide a nice listening experience.
- The vibrator on this is no joke. I had to tone down the vibrations on the Google keyboard for fears of hurting myself.
- Best smartphone camera I've used. I haven't delved to deep into it, but it's better than the M8, G2, Note 3, N5, Moto X, M7 (which I've all owned in the last year).
- The notification light is great. I'm coming off using the M8 for a little bit, so having a multi-colored LED that is very visible is a big plus. It also looks great.
I'll post more thoughts as they come.
Let me know if you have some questions or anything!
Posted via Android Central App