Cases compatible with the DK36 charging dock

1iam5mith

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I am looking for a case that I can use on the phone, and then use the dock without remove the case...

I have the official Sony case, but hate it because I hate cases with flaps. I don't like the screen being covered all the time. It annoys me.

But so far have not found any case that fits in the dock! Have any of you had better luck finding a case that fits?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Rafael Niebylski

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Have exactly the same problem. That's why I'm delaying case purchase. I've found on xda forum link to some chinese site with cases and there is one that I really like. See link below:

Sony Xperia Z2 Nillkin Frosted Super Shield CASE/

Quality looks good, awesome design and has all ports/buttons accessible. Not sure if anyone order it already but I think I will pull a trigger tonight and buy it. FYI, There is BOGO deal going on right now. Anyone interested in splitting the deal in half (London area)?

May 6, 2014
Visit site
The case defintiely looks nice!
I'll ask my friend in China (he's in the trade) to find out how much it costs and would definitely get one.
If you guys are intersted let me know what colour you want and then I can tell him to send them all to me and I can ship them locally?

russ8128

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
That magnetic cord didn't work out so well for me as it broke under light use.

I just use a case that is ready and easy to remove as I use the dock nightly.

chocolateyum

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
That magnetic cord didn't work out so well for me as it broke under light use.

Thanks. Bummer I bought the cord already so hopefully I'll have better luck (well phone/cord was really a gift to sister so hopefully it'll be ok for her). Sucks, it had such good reviews overall.

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I bought from Amazon a Z2 and:
Xperia Z2 Case, Spigen® [+Screen Film] [Non-Slip] Sony Xpe.... This provides drop protection without a screen flap.
The case works. However it covers the Z2 edge at the magnetic pickup. I cut out the plastic edge to expose the magnetic pickup. Also used a wider slot opening plastic piece supplied with the Z2 charger. This setup works. Later I replaced the Z2 plastic screen cover with a glass screen protectior. This made the Z2 too thick for the magnetic charger slot. I removed the wider plastic insert to the magnetic charger leaving a even wider charger opening. Charger still works because a magnet (part of charger) holds the Z2 in correct allignment. :)
I like the glass screen, And the Z2 is great. Might add the battery works for days.

Ray

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon