Best Casing for the Z2

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I have decided to go case free, brave oh yes, but why put a plastic case on and to not enjoy it for its true design?

I like the feel of the Z2 and to apply a case for me would spoil it completely.

I don't go out to pubs and is always in a zipped pocket so will brave it and enjoy :)

Posted via Android Central App

LoveBB10

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
You're definitely being brave Duncan.
I'm using it without case at the moment because I'm waiting for the case to arrive which I ordered yesterday. I'm finding it really slippery. Though love the design and feel of it. Got the front of it protected by using the phones4u supplied glass screen protector.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm done going naked. :p

My S5 has a few dings I guess from keys and change in my pocket. :(

My Z2 will have to wait but the case I picked up for free is Case Mate Tough Naked. It's dual with soft bumper and hard clear cover.

SHIFT_pro s5

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm done going naked. :p

My S5 has a few dings I guess from keys and change in my pocket. :(

My Z2 will have to wait but the case I picked up for free is Case Mate Tough Naked. It's dual with soft bumper and hard clear cover.

SHIFT_pro s5

I know of the obvious benefits of a case, but the designers have nailed it in my opinion and to throw a "plastic" case on not only detracts from the feel but also the appearance.

So I will pass but if some like the build and then slap on.a case to me I honestly struggle with that logic, really not having a go but why not buy a plastic phone oh and slap on more plastic, it's like the M8 such a great looking phone then people slap on a case, it's those that then stag off plastic and then say I have the M8 and praise the build to then put it in a case eh....sorry but I'm really trying to find logic but I can't lol

Platosearwax

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I get you, I hate to cover up this beautiful device as well. But I must have super soft hands or something because to me it feels like trying to hold a bar of soap. I am in fear of having it slip out of my hands every time a pull it out of my pocket on the bus or train. So I am getting a case mostly for a better grip. I have ordered three different ones and can post my thoughts if anyone cares to read them.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I get you, I hate to cover up this beautiful device as well. But I must have super soft hands or something because to me it feels like trying to hold a bar of soap. I am in fear of having it slip out of my hands every time a pull it out of my pocket on the bus or train. So I am getting a case mostly for a better grip. I have ordered three different ones and can post my thoughts if anyone cares to read them.

As I said I do see the obvious benefits of a case, but the Z2 just looks to good to cover it up.

I value the design and I like it for what it is, I have tried cases on all my previous phones but always end up removing them as they annoy me. They detract from the style and maybe I just like to live dangerously but this Z2 I just won't waste my money on a case.

But yes please report back and let us know what cases you bought and how they look & feel :)

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Case Mate tough naked.

I can't say I'm happy but it's slim fit, clear and nice feel. Also, I got it for $5 after $25 coupon so I can't really complain too much.

sciagent

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
For my wife's Z2, I've got the (cognac= brown) StilGut case, similar to TETDED:
StilGut - Leather case "Book Type" for Sony Xperia Z2
It is very thin, nice in hands, and well-protecting case.

For my Z2 I've got the (black) Minimal Diary version from Zenus:
Zenus Minimal Diary for Sony Xperia Z2 - Sony Xperia Z2 - Smart Phone
It is also available in Europe from MobileFun.
The case is very thick, with the phone inside the total thickness of a closed case is 17 mm. It protects the phone well. But there is no use for a supplied strap. You cannot cancel the physics laws: hanged by the strap case will always open, regardless of the place the strap is attached (either to a dedicated whole in the case, or directly to the phone that is in the case).

Neither of these cases can be used with the Magnetic Charging Dock DK36. The first one may be used though with third-part manufactured magnetic cables or adapters.

I think of cutting off a piece of Zenus Minimal Diary case to make a use of magnetic charging connector while my phone is in it :)

Last edited:

sciagent

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Well today I just got mine, and I am using this one from Krussell: Krusell - Mobile Cases

Really snug fit, compatible with the magnetic dock charger, has 2 credit card slots, and has a stand (looks good too).
What is a total thickness of your case with the phone inside?

The concern I have is about opened corners. I am very good at allowing my phones to fall down and get scratches to corners :) That is how I discovered that S4 has a plastic but not metal frame around the body :D

This is why I searched for a case that wraps the Z2 entirely.

thatdennis

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
What is a total thickness of your case with the phone inside?

The concern I have is about opened corners. I am very good at allowing my phones to fall down and get scratches to corners :) That is how I discovered that S4 has a plastic but not metal frame around the body :D

This is why I searched for a case that wraps the Z2 entirely.

Mine is about 1.5cm, though the I can't take the phone off of the casing without pushing it really hard.