Looks Like She's Coming to Verizon.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
More confirmation of a Verizon branded Sony Xperia Z2 appears

With the LG G3 a surefire Verizon phone and the Sony Xperia Z2 (which has all the specs to support being a Verizon phone) short of confirmed, us Verizon customers are going to have a tough decision to make! I already know that I'm going with the G3 because it has a removable battery but if it didn't, I don't know what phone I'd choose! I'm happy to see a possibility of Verizon offering arguably the best two smartphones of 2014.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
As it appears the States has the joy of the motto X before us here in the UK, and we have the Joy of the Z2.

That aside yes the Z2 is one very fine smartphone and in my opinion is the best available at this point in time.

The G3 looks all set to be another great device and with very slim bezels, the QHD Display and the posability of the 805 soc, yup it should be really good indeed.

My Recommendations would be out of 3 and in this order..

1)The Xperia Z2

2)The LG G3

3)Htc One M8

But with the likes of oppo and one plus, it's becoming very interesting :)

Posted via Android Central App

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
As it appears the States has the joy of the motto X before us here in the UK, and we have the Joy of the Z2.

That aside yes the Z2 is one very fine smartphone and in my opinion is the best available at this point in time.

The G3 looks all set to be another great device and with very slim bezels, the QHD Display and the posability of the 805 soc, yup it should be really good indeed.

My Recommendations would be out of 3 and in this order..

1)The Xperia Z2

2)The LG G3

3)Htc One M8

But with the likes of oppo and one plus, it's becoming very interesting :)

I see more joy in the Z2 than I do the Moto X lol. But I agree with your list; except I'd put the G3 ahead of the Z2 simply because of the removable battery, and no other reason. Both are powerhouse phones that will make Verizon's inventory exciting.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I see more joy in the Z2 than I do the Moto X lol. But I agree with your list; except I'd put the G3 ahead of the Z2 simply because of the removable battery, and no other reason. Both are powerhouse phones at will make Verizon's inventory exciting.

Having never owned or had any hands on with the Moto X I can't really pass judgement, but I own the Z2 and can say it's just sublime one extremely great smartphone and one that really surprised me in terms of expectation it lived upto it :)

Many great devices this year so far and can't really criticise any of them, Samsung with the S5 has been my bottom of the list device, the likes of LG and Sony and now oppo, one +1 just offer that better focused device.

For me Samsung just seem to be trying to impress to much with pointless features that many won't use, or use once and it's forgotten and that time could have been used better, for me I get a sense with Samsung it's rushed and no thought has gone into there product, it's like they don't need to because they will sell and they know this.

Where Sony, Htc and LG and even oppo, put a bit of thought into their product. I'm dam sure Samsung have and the S5 does have some great features but that is the vibe I get.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Waiting to see them in person.
The LG G3 might be a non-starter based on the screen size. I don't want a Note 3 size phone.
The S4 I have is ideal. The Sony is a bit tall but since it's waterproof, I could get past it.
Won't buy another Samsung phone due to KNOX.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Waiting to see them in person.
The LG G3 might be a non-starter based on the screen size. I don't want a Note 3 size phone.
The S4 I have is ideal. The Sony is a bit tall but since it's waterproof, I could get past it.
Won't buy another Samsung phone due to KNOX.

I won't buy another Samsung due to reception. My Nexus was awful, and my S4 really isn't all that great either.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm really hoping these leaks are planned leaks, I'm passing on the S5 and M8 for this the Z2 even if the Z2 never makes it to Verizon. At least by then, the Note 4, Moto X+1, G3, etc will be out or close to being released.

I love that it's waterproof without having a stupid cover for the charging port!

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm really hoping these leaks are planned leaks, I'm passing on the S5 and M8 for this the Z2 even if the Z2 never makes it to Verizon. At least by then, the Note 4, Moto X+1, G3, etc will be out or close to being released.

I love that it's waterproof without having a stupid cover for the charging port!

I'm torn between the X2 and G3. I'm careful with phones so I don't need it to be waterproof or dust resistant, but the removable battery in the G3 is probably the deciding factor in me upgrading to that. The Z2 is a sweet phone, but I don't want to be one year into my contract only getting a half day of power because the non-replaceable battery has degraded. But as of today, Verizon offers no worthy upgrade for me. My Galaxy S4 is only a slight downgrade from the M8 and S5. Hell, if someone held a gun to my head and forced me to upgrade, I'd go with the LG G2!

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
If the Z2 does come to Verizon and it's has 16gb of internal storage than I'm glad it will be Verizon with the initial release in the US. I'll wait for a 32gb Z2s from TMo (like my Z1s). Just sayin'...............:)

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
If the Z2 does come to Verizon and it's has 16gb of internal storage than I'm glad it will be Verizon with the initial release in the US. I'll wait for a 32gb Z2s from TMo (like my Z1s). Just sayin'...............:)

Before you get too excited, word is that this will be a Verizon exclusive. I've read approximately 5 articles stating that. Sorry for the bad news, but I'm sure Verizon will happily take your money! They like to take mine!

bobsacomano

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Before you get too excited, word is that this will be a Verizon exclusive. I've read approximately 5 articles stating that. Sorry for the bad news, but I'm sure Verizon will happily take your money! They like to take mine!

Well, maybe 5 articles all quoting the same leak. So, really just one unconfirmed leak then. Nothing official yet!

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

"Exclusive" is a word that seems to have a limited meaning in this business. The way I see it playing out is a specific carrier gets the rights to sell a specific phone without competition for a specified amount of time. I'm sure Sony would be more than willing to let other carriers sell a Z1s type device in the US, I don't think any other carriers (except TMo) are / were interested.

Another example of an exclusive phone is the recently announced HTC One (M8) HK edition. In the announcement HK said that the exclusive Sprint version is an experiment and that other phones in the future would have the software. In fact HK even said they might sell the software at some point an make it available for all phones.

Verizon MAY be the first to get the Z2 and they may be the only carrier selling it for awhile, but, I suspect there will be more channels made available.

My 2 cents.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
"Exclusive" is a word that seems to have a limited meaning in this business. The way I see it playing out is a specific carrier gets the rights to sell a specific phone without competition for a specified amount of time. I'm sure Sony would be more than willing to let other carriers sell a Z1s type device in the US, I don't think any other carriers (except TMo) are / were interested.

Another example of an exclusive phone is the recently announced HTC One (M8) HK edition. In the announcement HK said that the exclusive Sprint version is an experiment and that other phones in the future would have the software. In fact HK even said they might sell the software at some point an make it available for all phones.

Verizon MAY be the first to get the Z2 and they may be the only carrier selling it for awhile, but, I suspect there will be more channels made available.

My 2 cents.

Tough call. I'm a physicist, not an economist, so my opinion is nothing more than an opinion. But thinking back several years ago when AT&T had "exclusive rights" to the iPhone was a rather lengthy stint. The big difference is the iPhone is still the iPhone. When an Android has lived out its life, it typically gets an overhaul and a name change; and technology moves quickly.

So suppose Verizon is awarded sole rights to the Xperia Z2? How long will it take one of the other big three to gain rights access? And if or when they do, will the Xperia Z2 be old news? Would it really be worth it for T-Mobile to wait five months to sell it?

Sure, the iPhone has evolved, but it never changed names and took forever for other carriers to sell it. Apple probably would have brought in more revenue if Verizon was initially involved in the original sales because of their enormity, but that wasn't the case.

So another two cents for the cookie jar. Thinking out loud, more or less.

rjl2

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Isn't it also going to be available in the Sony store? Doubt that the phone there would be a carrier version, but I guess its possible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol