5 Reasons To Buy The Z2.

sodalimon

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Who has ordered the Z2?

Spontaneous Shattering never heard of that one lol

This may be valid and lets hope this is limited, i tend to look after my phones and do my best not to drop them :p

Posted via Android Central App

We all do so. Though it will taste the ground some time eventually :(
The question is, if the glass will survive the hit or not...

Can anyone help? Or should I wait for enough people to experience :)
(I'll wait anyway)

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Xperia Z2 phone of 2014 thus far?

In other news, nice to see the Z2 is now judged to be the best camera a smartphone now.

It is? I think most reviews I've read seem to indicate the S5 has the best camera. The comparison photos certainly seem to indicate that. That's also true of the video.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I think I've decided it against it because:
* I really don't want to import it to the U.S.
* I'm concerned about warranty work should it be needed
* I've been very underwhelmed by the videos, particularly those shot in 4K. The S5 camera just seems much better to me.
* No support by any U.S. carrier to this point

There's no doubt in my mind it's the prettiest phone out there, but that's just enough for me given the negatives as I see them.

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

For warranty concerns. Sony will service this phone in the US once it's released here. Until then you'll have to send it to the closest country that the phones been released to. I'm just getting a square trade plan probably since they will service the phone (but only up to the value of the phone)

Sent from my D6503 using AC Forums mobile app

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Intrepid:

Where have you read that the Oppo Find 7 has swift battery drain? The find 7 is superb, amazing camera which can take 50mp images, it has a removable battery which the Sony doesn't, carbon fibre rear, that gorgeous blue pulsing notifying light and its cheap too.

I think you are way underselling it.

And I have a Z2 on pre order so I'm no fanboy.

In other news, nice to see the Z2 is now judged to be the best camera a smartphone now.

Technically they aren't 50mp images. It's just like the Nokia 41mp and even the z2 with its 20.7mp camera. They all use pixel binning, which in the end results in a much much lower mp image. The Nokia's are 5mp and the z2's are 8. I have no idea the ending mp count on the find 7, but I assure you it is nowhere near 50mp

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Technically they aren't 50mp images. It's just like the Nokia 41mp and even the z2 with its 20.7mp camera. They all use pixel binning, which in the end results in a much much lower mp image. The Nokia's are 5mp and the z2's are 8. I have no idea the ending mp count on the find 7, but I assure you it is nowhere near 50mp

Skyway, the Oppo Find 7 uses a special technique whereby it takes a number of images really quickly and stitches them together. In fact, it is almost like the opposite of what you state, in as much as it only has a 13mp sensor.

I can assure you that it DOES create 50mp images, as a quick Google will show you. Results are really impressive. Oppo are one of the most interesting company's creating smartphones at the moment.

ETA: the Z2 can also take 20mp images if you so choose.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Skyway, the Oppo Find 7 uses a special technique whereby it takes a number of images really quickly and stitches them together. In fact, it is almost like the opposite of what you state, in as much as it only has a 13mp sensor.

I can assure you that it DOES create 50mp images, as a quick Google will show you. Results are really impressive. Oppo are one of the most interesting company's creating smartphones at the moment.

ETA: the Z2 can also take 20mp images if you so choose.

Technically those aren't true 50mp images though, it uses software to achieve it. The sensor is only 13mp, it can't truly take a 50mp image.

Does that mean the photos don't look amazing? No, the images look really good but it's not taking a 50mp image, it's creating one.

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

Technically those aren't true 50mp images though, it uses software to achieve it. The sensor is only 13mp, it can't truly take a 50mp image.

Does that mean the photos don't look amazing? No, the images look really good but it's not taking a 50mp image, it's creating one.

As I said, the sensor is 13MP but it DOES CREATE 50MP images. You said 'technically they arent 50mp images' when they are. Just take a look at the examples out there - very clever indeed.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

As I said, the sensor is 13MP but it DOES CREATE 50MP images. You said 'technically they arent 50mp images' when they are. Just take a look at the examples out there - very clever indeed.

He did also say the same as you in that it creates that 50mgp image.

Anyway why does it matter aslong as the end result is a great picture.

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

Hey, just pointing out that technically they ARE 50mp images, which is what I said. It does not pixel-bin to achieve this. People often leap to impulsive beliefs and conclusions over phones on the forum, so I felt I should clarify that the Oppo creates 50mp images using 13mp sensor. The end result, which is what we want, is a full 50mp image. It really is incredibly impressive, and way beyond any other smartphone currently. Interestingly, it's a SONY sensor too!

Skyway, I wasn't digging at you and I apologise if it came over that way :)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Hey, just pointing out that technically they ARE 50mp images, which is what I said. It does not pixel-bin to achieve this. People often leap to impulsive beliefs and conclusions over phones on the forum, so I felt I should clarify that the Oppo creates 50mp images using 13mp sensor. The end result, which is what we want, is a full 50mp image. It really is incredibly impressive, and way beyond any other smartphone currently. Interestingly, it's a SONY sensor too!

Yes technically they are but as we all know its not all down to the mega pixel count. The argument is clear does the oppo find 7 create 50mgp images yes it does lol

I dont think you coming across as arrogant or having any real digs. Only airing valid points. And a bit of heated discussion is good as long as the mark doesn't get overstepped :p

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

ordered from taiwan....getting antsy...it's made it to ohio so far. only a little further to nyc

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

ordered from taiwan....getting antsy...it's made it to ohio so far. only a little further to nyc

Yeh lucky for some i have around 4wks yet, hoping to get it sooner, but with these delays its not looking likely :-(

Enjoy :)

sodalimon

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site

Android Authority posted some sample pics here: Samples of the Oppo Find 7's impressive 50MP images

The zoom shows just how impressive it is!

Sorry, and I don't mean to be rude, but the so-called high-resolution pictures in the link you posted really suck.
When you view them on 100% zoom on the screen, they are just terrible imho.
Something wrong with my eyes?

They lack every aspect of a good picture, it's all digitally overlayed several shots it seems.
Like a panorama of pictures combined together then highly processed and looks like as if it is enlarged artificially.
It looses the whole clarity in full zoom though.

One of the principles of engineering: There is a limit to optimization :)
One must pay the price for premium. If that sensor is only good for e.g. 13Mpixels, then one must not expect miracles.

Considering in a pragmatic point of view... I sincerely don't think those results are usable if very very high resolution is my expectation.

I'm not sure if I made my point clearly, but as far as I'm concerned, pixels were not authentic in those samples.

Again, I'd prefer a real 5Mpixel sensor with optical zoom if zooming is my concern.
Even cropping a proper 20Mpixel picture down to 5Mp in order to zoom in x2 is acceptable.
But the exact opposite is senseless in my opinion...

It's all personal taste after all...

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

No worries, I didn't take it that way.

I just get a little skeptical when I hear 50mp on a smartphone lol

intrepid359

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

My only concern at this moment is the glass back appears to be questionable in term of durability. One guy from XDA reported that his Z2 glass back got shattered just 3 days of use without damage or abuse.

Day 1: received phone, set it up.
Day 2: checked out cool new features.
Day 3: got hammered at bar.
Day 4: back of phone mysteriously shattered.

Mine feels very solid, though I found a speck of a shiny material under the glass on the front. Warranty exchange arranged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv