Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Duncan1982
  • 1 Post By bembol
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Here are my five reasons to buy the Z2...

1)The Build

The Z2 has been designed well and one that is unique and it feels so well constructed. The Glass front and back with the alliminium edging feels really good & when you get that feeling that time and thought went into the product, it makes for that feel good factor.

2)The Camera

The Camera is really good and provides great pictures (even in low light) Superior Auto (8mgp) still produces fine pics with minimal effort, infact just point and shoot and you'll capture a stunning picture. Moving onto Manual Mode where you have full control from 20.7mgp down, you may need to have a bit more skill to get that cracking photo, but the results are of great quality. Given that there is alot of other features I will just say that it has it all (is it perfect?) No but it's one fine camera.

3)Noise Cancelling Headphones

These are of great quality and by eliminating around 80% of background noise it really does make for such an enjoyable experience.

4)The Battery Life..

The Battery life on the Z2 is great and can easily get through a day of heavy use, Taking pictures, Web Browsing,Watching Videos,Music ect.

5)The Ui for me works well and as one that always opts for a launcher, for me to be happy with the look is saying something (but this will be each to their own). It's Zippy and thus far no lag, glitches or hiccups.

The Dedicated shutter button should be on all smartphones, but it's not but is on the Z2 and it's great.

The Waterproofing is an obvious selling point. Two other little things I really like is knock on & the built in Answering Machine (as most carriers here in UK charge you to access them) so one that I like.

So Those are my likes, take from it what you will...

For me the Z2's Positives far outweigh any Negatives it may have.

"Worth Every Penny".

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    bembol and thatdennis like this.

Default Re: 5 Reasons To Buy The Z2.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    Here are my five reasons to buy the Z2...

1)The Build

The Z2 has been designed well and one that is unique and it feels so well constructed. The Glass front and back with the alliminium edging feels really good & when you get that feeling that time and thought went into the product, it makes for that feel good factor.

2)The Camera

The Camera is really good and provides great pictures (even in low light) Superior Auto (8mgp) still produces fine pics with minimal effort, infact just point and shoot and you'll capture a stunning picture. Moving onto Manual Mode where you have full control from 20.7mgp down, you may need to have a bit more skill to get that cracking photo, but the results are of great quality. Given that there is alot of other features I will just say that it has it all (is it perfect?) No but it's one fine camera.

3)Noise Cancelling Headphones

These are of great quality and by eliminating around 80% of background noise it really does make for such an enjoyable experience.

4)The Battery Life..

The Battery life on the Z2 is great and can easily get through a day of heavy use, Taking pictures, Web Browsing,Watching Videos,Music ect.

5)The Ui for me works well and as one that always opts for a launcher, for me to be happy with the look is saying something (but this will be each to their own). It's Zippy and thus far no lag, glitches or hiccups.

The Waterproofing is an obvious selling point. Two other little things I really like is knock on & the built in Answering Machine (as most carriers here in UK charge you to access them) so one that I like.

So Those are my likes, take from it what you will...

For me the Z2's Positives far outweigh any Negatives it may have.

"Worth Every Penny".

Agree with the above, with the exception of No.3. My phone didn't come with the noise-cancelling headset, but instead got the magnetic dock charger and smartband.

Another point to add is the integration between a lot of accessories (Sony's), such as Smartwatch 2, Smartband, SBH50 (Sony's headset) and lots more.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by thatdennis View Post
    Agree with the above, with the exception of No.3. My phone didn't come with the noise-cancelling headset, but instead got the magnetic dock charger and smartband.

Another point to add is the integration between a lot of accessories (Sony's), such as Smartwatch 2, Smartband, SBH50 (Sony's headset) and lots more.
    No 3 is still valid despite the misfortune of you not having the buds in your retail pack lol

But yes those other points that you mentioned also provide that little extra.

It is one great device indeed :-)

3.) NOISE CANCELLING EARBUDS should have an ( * ) as it's not available in everybody. I'm with Bell (Canada) and got standards buds.

I agree with every point made. The UI is great but again I just prefer Nova Prime whether it's Samsung, hTc, LG or Sony. I do like the Sony's added customization especially the STATUS BAR. I like it clean, where I cleared everything (Time, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc.) except the LTE bar.

The Magnectic Charging Ports is worth as number 6. I love that it's Water Proof/Resistant but I hate dealing with Cover Flaps, one it's annoying and second it can break. Sony including this in their design is brilliant especially when Wireless Charging is not an option.
    thatdennis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    No 3 is still valid despite the misfortune of you not having the buds in your retail pack lol

But yes those other points that you mentioned also provide that little extra.

It is one great device indeed :-)

Ah sorry, maybe you misunderstood what I meant. The No.3 is still indeed valid yes, but I haven't got the chance to try it so I could not comment on it yet. However everyone who got the earbuds say it's nice, so it's highly likely that it's great.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by thatdennis View Post
    Ah sorry, maybe you misunderstood what I meant. The No.3 is still indeed valid yes, but I haven't got the chance to try it so I could not comment on it yet. However everyone who got the earbuds say it's nice, so it's highly likely that it's great.
    It's cool I wasn't being picky hence my lol at the end :-P

Yes the noise-cancelling is gggggreat :-)

As for those flaps that would be my only niggle as they do seem flimsy, but I have ordered a magnetic charger so I won't be opening and closing them, which no doubt will eventually lead to them falling off.

Agree - the flap is an obsolete issue as you just need the magnetic dock charger

Sent from my D6503 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Can you tell me if if would be getting the Noise Cancellling Buds or the normals ones?
    Here's the description provided by my online retailer:

"Get the new Michael Jackson 's 'Xscape' via Sony Jive & Xperia Lounge + Free Sony Smartband (SWR-10) worth Rs.5990/- .+ Free Premium Case Worth Rs.2990/- .+ Free 6 months Xperia Accident Damage Cover. "
    AND

In the Box: Start-up Guide, Sony Smartband (SWR-10), Premium Cover, Headset, Battery, Charger (with Detachable USB Cable), Handset

Because if I am not getting those, I would lean more towards the M8..
    The Z2's multimedia suite attracts me!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Varun P View Post
    Can you tell me if if would be getting the Noise Cancellling Buds or the normals ones?
    Here's the description provided by my online retailer:

"Get the new Michael Jackson 's 'Xscape' via Sony Jive & Xperia Lounge + Free Sony Smartband (SWR-10) worth Rs.5990/- .+ Free Premium Case Worth Rs.2990/- .+ Free 6 months Xperia Accident Damage Cover. "
    AND

In the Box: Start-up Guide, Sony Smartband (SWR-10), Premium Cover, Headset, Battery, Charger (with Detachable USB Cable), Handset

Because if I am not getting those, I would lean more towards the M8..
    The Z2's multimedia suite attracts me!
    I think you have answered your own question and no you won't be receiving the noise cancelling headphones.

But don't write the phone off based on that, you can purchase separately and they are not overly expensive.

You will enjoy the Z2 when it arrives and I would be shocked if you return it lol

Thanked by: