Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ordered my first Sony device

Decided that it was time to stray from the same pack of smartphones that the general population has and try something different - I pre-ordered a Xperia Z2 in white along with the Magnetic Charging dock. Why pre-order you ask? In Canada, you have the option of purchasing only through Bell(exclusive) or pre-order factory unlocked with no carrier bloatware from the Sony Store. I chose the latter. Estimated ship date is 3/6/14 so not long to wait. I am coming from a Samsung Galaxy S5 that I do enjoy, but reviews have convinced me to give this phone a try. I have owned every iPhone as well as almost every flagship Android and Windows smartphone and has missed that "premium" feel that the iPhone had. I look forward to getting it and hope that I didn't make a mistake. I had originally ordered the purple, but later canceled and went with white - market may be more limited with purple when selling as I do this frequently.

Anyhow, look forward to contributing my thoughts on this device when I receive it. I will be sure to post feedback.
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Default Re: Ordered my first Sony device

Welcome to AC
    Congrats on the new device. Let us know how you like it

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Me too, decided to go out from the norm and try the Z2 out. Was not disappointed at all.

Sent from my D6503 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Global Posts
    605 Global Posts

The Z2 is also my first Sony device except for a couple of Walkman tape players years ago. I couldn't be happier with it.

Posted via Android Central App

I've had the z2 now since mid April. It's my first Sony smartphone and I love it. I'm glad I went for this over the s5. It's just got more class. The cleaner ui makes it a joy to use and along with the premium build it feels more iPhone like than cheap Android. Until the htc one Android phones have been cheap and plastic but now we are getting there. Apple need to up their game ten fold.

Banned

Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andyvalver View Post
    I've had the z2 now since mid April. It's my first Sony smartphone and I love it. I'm glad I went for this over the s5. It's just got more class. The cleaner ui makes it a joy to use and along with the premium build it feels more iPhone like than cheap Android. Until the htc one Android phones have been cheap and plastic but now we are getting there. Apple need to up their game ten fold.

Also My first Sony smartphone and mind is blown.

The Build quality is really great, and the design it's like time and thought went into it.

I'm sure other OEM's put some level of thought into their product but it just seems rushed in comparison.

I am one very happy guy now that I have the Z2 love almost everything and only slight and it's very slight is sound during calls is not quite on par with my previous phones but I still score the Z2 9/10.

I also enjoy that the design is one that only Sony puts out there, so it's quite unique :-)

Worth Every Penny :-)

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks. I forgot to mention another reason I chose to go with the Z2 was the minimalistic overlay on the UI. I understand companies was to add a touch, otherwise its just a hardware game, but Sony looked to have done an excellent job. I didn't see in any of the video, but is Visual Voicemail present? I have it on my plan, but the S5(or Android?) doesn't support it. Also, having the maximum IP water rating was a must as the less I have to worry about water damage, the better - I am an extremely picky person when it comes to my phone and have yet to nick, scratch, break glass on one, but this is nice to know. Also, does anyone know if the Z2 is Gorilla Glass?
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CommandDelete View Post
    Thanks. I forgot to mention another reason I chose to go with the Z2 was the minimalistic overlay on the UI. I understand companies was to add a touch, otherwise its just a hardware game, but Sony looked to have done an excellent job. I didn't see in any of the video, but is Visual Voicemail present? I have it on my plan, but the S5(or Android?) doesn't support it. Also, having the maximum IP water rating was a must as the less I have to worry about water damage, the better - I am an extremely picky person when it comes to my phone and have yet to nick, scratch, break glass on one, but this is nice to know. Also, does anyone know if the Z2 is Gorilla Glass?
    http://m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z2-6144.php

Just mentions shatter proof and scratch resistant.

So not sure if it's gorilla glass or not. I would assume that it is.

I think I have to shamelessly show off my love to Sony: All their products from a limited edition old PSP to the new Z2 - They all have served me well, never disappointed at all.

Sent from my Xperia Z2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ordered my first Sony device-1400604054809.jpg   Ordered my first Sony device-1400604066589.jpg  
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thatdennis View Post
    I think I have to shamelessly show off my love to Sony: All their products from a limited edition old PSP to the new Z2 - They all have served me well, never disappointed at all.

Sent from my Xperia Z2
    Bit of a hobbyist lol

Out of all the phones I have been through the Z2 is up top, Quality product and I am very very happy :-)

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Sent from my Xperia Z2
    Nice collection. Does that case that you have work with the magnetic dock? I am looking for one that I will be able to use.

Nice collection. Does that case that you have work with the magnetic dock? I am looking for one that I will be able to use.
    yep works perfectly, it partially leaves open the part for the magnetic charging dock, so it's 100% compatible with any size of charging docks
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

yep works perfectly, it partially leaves open the part for the magnetic charging dock, so it's 100% compatible with any size of charging docks
    Alright. I'm curious as to why the Spigen slim fit case doesn't work. They both look very similar. Where did you purchase it?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Alright. I'm curious as to why the Spigen slim fit case doesn't work. They both look very similar. Where did you purchase it?

Bought it in the Sony store the same day I preordered my Z2, the brand is krussell

Also got the official Sony casing, I'll post a pic soon
    Sent from my Xperia Z2

Here's the Krussell casing

Sent from my Xperia Z2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ordered my first Sony device-1401101014550.jpg   Ordered my first Sony device-1401101027180.jpg   Ordered my first Sony device-1401101040669.jpg   Ordered my first Sony device-1401101058029.jpg   Ordered my first Sony device-1401101072719.jpg  

Here's the official Sony one. The difference with the Krussell is that the back is made out of plastic, while the Krussell is all leather. Sorry for triple post

Sent from my Xperia Z2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ordered my first Sony device-1401101295557.jpg   Ordered my first Sony device-1401101305865.jpg   Ordered my first Sony device-1401101316335.jpg   Ordered my first Sony device-1401101328396.jpg  
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Now I just need to wait for my phone to arrive.

Banned

Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

Now I just need to wait for my phone to arrive. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/01/puha8evy.jpg

All good to go, you'll love the Z2 it's a brilliant all round device :-)

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    All good to go, you'll love the Z2 it's a brilliant all round device :-)

I hope so. My expectations are high as my previous phones are as follows: Galaxy S5, Nokia 1520 & 1020, Nexus 5, Note 3 and iPhone 5S. (Yes, I switch phones very frequently)

Banned

Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

I hope so. My expectations are high as my previous phones are as follows: Galaxy S5, Nokia 1520 & 1020, Nexus 5, Note 3 and iPhone 5S. (Yes, I switch phones very frequently)

A great selection although I despise windows but the Nokia 1520 & 1020 are both great, the live tiles ect is not a platform I could adapt to.

My previous were the S3,S4,Mega,Note 3 and the Nexus 5 and the Z2 for me is in a class of its own.

Still like my Note although it hasn't had any use since I got the Z2.

I am really taken with the build,the camera and those noise cancelling headphones which provide a very balanced audio experience.

Be sure to let us know if you like it or for whatever reason it wasn't for you.

I have just made switch from a galaxy s5 to the xperia z2 and it is definetly a better phone. Ive had a lot samsungs (every s/note phone) since the s2, the lumia 1020, iphone 5s, htc one m7 and feel like Ive finally found the sweet spot. Personally i dont have that much problem with samsungs lightweight plastic design but their software is awful and we are at a stage now where it Will never get any better. I nearly opted for a one m8 but that camera! Stops the phone from being at the top of chain. The z2 feel like the best combination of a simple software that doesnt use every colour from the crayola pack and a great camera. Just my opinion but i think youve made a great choice
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neils0911 View Post
    I have just made switch from a galaxy s5 to the xperia z2 and it is definetly a better phone. Ive had a lot samsungs (every s/note phone) since the s2, the lumia 1020, iphone 5s, htc one m7 and feel like Ive finally found the sweet spot. Personally i dont have that much problem with samsungs lightweight plastic design but their software is awful and we are at a stage now where it Will never get any better. I nearly opted for a one m8 but that camera! Stops the phone from being at the top of chain. The z2 feel like the best combination of a simple software that doesnt use every colour from the crayola pack and a great camera. Just my opinion but i think youve made a great choice
    I to also nearly opted for the Htc M8 but nano sim and the camera swayed me towards the Xperia Z2. I also have owned many Samsung's infact upto the Nexus 5 that was my brand so to speak. I enjoyed yes past tense Samsung's but like yourself the Ui annoyed me which is why I have a rooted Note 3 with a custom rom.

That said my Note hasn't had much use since I got the Xperia Z2.

This phone is great and Sony have listened and implemented some great features and in terms of build and design they have put thought into it and that I like and that it's unique. Samsung needed to polish the S5 a bit more, refine it a bit more. In terms of the S5's hardware it's pretty dam good, other than yet again pointless features like heartrate monitor and fingerprint scanner. That may appeal to some if not many but not me.

That turned into a rant..whoops

Enjoy the Z2 when it arrives :-)

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

White Z2 factory unlocked is now in my hands. So far I like it. Need a bit more time to play - work seems to be getting in the way of that.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

White Z2 factory unlocked is now in my hands. So far I like it. Need a bit more time to play - work seems to be getting in the way of that.

Phone in sick or use a couple of days holiday lol

25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Tough to do when your the manager.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast