Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 21 of 21
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thegrants82
  • 1 Post By Duncan1982
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Lightbulb So is it coming to Verizon or not???

    I have my upgrade in a month and have been anxiously awaiting a Verizon release after seeing the leaks previously. I am also excited to learn more about the LG G3 this week but think its gonna be too big for my taste. So right now I'm still looking at the S5 as its the only announced phone. It has all of the features that I want, especially like the removable battery which is becoming more and more rare. However I was hoping to try something new this time around as I've had the S2, S3 and S4.

    What say you?
  2. #2  
    Duncan1982's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,916 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

    Default Re: So is it coming to Verizon or not???

    Quote Originally Posted by godsidekurt View Post
    I have my upgrade in a month and have been anxiously awaiting a Verizon release after seeing the leaks previously. I am also excited to learn more about the LG G3 this week but think its gonna be too big for my taste. So right now I'm still looking at the S5 as its the only announced phone. It has all of the features that I want, especially like the removable battery which is becoming more and more rare. However I was hoping to try something new this time around as I've had the S2, S3 and S4.

    What say you?
    I Say get the Z2 it's worth every penny.

    Oh and you won't be disappointed :-)

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. #3  
    thegrants82's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    959 Posts
    Global Posts
    963 Global Posts

    Default Re: So is it coming to Verizon or not???

    Quote Originally Posted by godsidekurt View Post
    I have my upgrade in a month and have been anxiously awaiting a Verizon release after seeing the leaks previously. I am also excited to learn more about the LG G3 this week but think its gonna be too big for my taste. So right now I'm still looking at the S5 as its the only announced phone. It has all of the features that I want, especially like the removable battery which is becoming more and more rare. However I was hoping to try something new this time around as I've had the S2, S3 and S4.

    What say you?
    Wait. Don't settle on the s5 because you will regret it.

    Posted via Android Central App
    godsidekurt likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: So is it coming to Verizon or not???

    probably not for another 4 or 5 months.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: So is it coming to Verizon or not???

    What makes you say that? I kept hearing summer release for US
  6. #6  

    Default Re: So is it coming to Verizon or not???

    Quote Originally Posted by godsidekurt View Post
    What makes you say that? I kept hearing summer release for US
    latest word is that Verizon Wireless will NOT carry the Z2. can't say I'm surprised.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: So is it coming to Verizon or not???

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrierPigeon View Post
    latest word is that Verizon Wireless will NOT carry the Z2. can't say I'm surprised.
    You might be right but it seems to be a bit fuzzy. I'm not a VZW fan, in fact I left to go to TMo, but it appears to me there has not been a definitive answer. Here are the two posts from the Xperia Blog that have "fanned the flames."

    The first one has a response from Sony that the pic was posted in error and taken down. Neither confirms nor denies it will be coming to VZW, only that the pic was posted by mistake and the Z2 would be available in the Sony store later in the summer. Here is the link to the post:

    Could the Xperia Z2 be heading to Verizon? [Update] | Xperia Blog

    The second article is even more vague, no comment or response from Sony. And, it appears to me that picture has been edited to make the VZW branding difficult to read. Here is the link:

    Another Verizon Xperia Z2 press image spotted | Xperia Blog

    So, I would say the only ones who know for sure are Sony and VZW. My 2 cents.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: So is it coming to Verizon or not???

    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMusic View Post
    You might be right but it seems to be a bit fuzzy. I'm not a VZW fan, in fact I left to go to TMo, but it appears to me there has not been a definitive answer. Here are the two posts from the Xperia Blog that have "fanned the flames."

    The first one has a response from Sony that the pic was posted in error and taken down. Neither confirms nor denies it will be coming to VZW, only that the pic was posted by mistake and the Z2 would be available in the Sony store later in the summer. Here is the link to the post:

    Could the Xperia Z2 be heading to Verizon? [Update] | Xperia Blog

    The second article is even more vague, no comment or response from Sony. And, it appears to me that picture has been edited to make the VZW branding difficult to read. Here is the link:

    Another Verizon Xperia Z2 press image spotted | Xperia Blog

    So, I would say the only ones who know for sure are Sony and VZW. My 2 cents.
    agreed... however, it's not the first time that a leaked photo of a new phone showing up with Verizon logo... and then never making it to Verizon's shelves...
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: So is it coming to Verizon or not???

    Any idea where in the U.S.I can play with one?

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  
    PAC757's Avatar

    Posts
    427 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts

    Default Re: So is it coming to Verizon or not???

    Quote Originally Posted by godsidekurt View Post
    Any idea where in the U.S.I can play with one?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Not really, unless you know someone that has one. I read someplace that Sony is going to sell it in the US this summer, but then you would still have to find a Sony store around where you live. I own a ZL and keep debating on the Z2 it seems the price has come down a little, on eBay anyway. Negri Electronics has them for around $710.

    Posted via Nexus 5. AC App
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: So is it coming to Verizon or not???

    Bummer, would really like to play with one before I make a decision. While I am pretty sure I will enjoy the build, Im not 100% on the software as I've grown to like some of Touchwiz additions (crazy I know). Is there another Sony phone with similar software in the US I could play with?
  12. #12  

    Default Re: So is it coming to Verizon or not???

    Quote Originally Posted by godsidekurt View Post
    Bummer, would really like to play with one before I make a decision. While I am pretty sure I will enjoy the build, Im not 100% on the software as I've grown to like some of Touchwiz additions (crazy I know). Is there another Sony phone with similar software in the US I could play with?
    TMo carries the Z1s, it's running 4.3 (JB) vesus 4.4 (KitKat) but the overall design of the software functionality will be the same. Also, the Z2 will have slightly smaller bezels around the screen and the Z2 screen will be brighter / more vivid. The Z2 will also be slightly bigger, thinness and weight about the same. The Sony apps will be the same, if the display unit has been updated.

    The Sony skin is very light compared to Touchwiz or Sense, it's almost stock Android and one of the "features" I enjoy with Sony phones. But I came from a Nexus phone and have a Nexus tablet....I prefer my Android straight-up!
  13. #13  
    sdc1's Avatar

    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts

    Default Re: So is it coming to Verizon or not???

    Of you prefer vanilla Android but want a Z2 just put the Google Now Launcher on it. You'll have a few Sony apps you can't uninstall but that's no big deal.

    So is it coming to Verizon or not???-3809.jpg

    Posted via Android Central App
  14. #14  

    Default Re: So is it coming to Verizon or not???

    I have not seen any recent news on the Z2 for Verizon other than the tablet. I'm about ready to give up on this and wait for the next round of phones this fall. Has anyone heard anything about the Verizon variant?

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: So is it coming to Verizon or not???

    I've moved on to the LG G3, doubt z2 is coming to V
  16. #16  

    Default Re: So is it coming to Verizon or not???

    Just saw this posted today. Mid next quarter puts this at an August release. Kind of late with the X in the works plus the Note 4 not far behind.

    http://www.talkandroid.com/210210-ve...anced-support/

    Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk
  17. #17  
    Duncan1982's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,916 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

    Default Re: So is it coming to Verizon or not???

    Was the Same with Motorola with the X here in the UK.

    The Z2 still holds its own and of course I recommend it when it does hit verison.

    The M8 it trumps it in important areas, although I'm not underestimating that the M8 is a great device.

    The S5 does have great features, but not one that I would recommend based on the fact that it for me is a bit disjointed lol

    The LG G3 same internals larger quad Hd screen, a great device yes and well focused and for many will be an alternative and a good one. However the Z2 is waterproof and has the ability for snaps underwater and the noise cancellation which is great.

    If you have the patience the Z2 is great :-)

    Posted via Android Central App
  18. #18  

    Default Re: So is it coming to Verizon or not???

    Looks like it's going to be the Sony Sirius Viv in VZW -

    http://www.droid-life.com/2014/06/16...verizon-in-q4/
  19. #19  

    Default Re: So is it coming to Verizon or not???

    Would love to have it but I understand it's impossible to read in sunlight so looks like a LG G3 for me if VZW gets the 3/32 GB version. Luckily my upgrade is in Sept so there will be lots of choices then.

    Posted from my VZW GALAXY S3
  20. #20  
    Duncan1982's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,916 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

    Default Re: So is it coming to Verizon or not???

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bell View Post
    Would love to have it but I understand it's impossible to read in sunlight so looks like a LG G3 for me if VZW gets the 3/32 GB version. Luckily my upgrade is in Sept so there will be lots of choices then.

    Posted from my VZW GALAXY S3
    This is not true stop reading verge articles lol

    I have used it in all conditions and I never have it at full brightness, so therefore I disagree with it having bad visibility :-)

    Posted via Android Central App
    akhi216 likes this.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: So is it coming to Verizon or not???

    My boredom for the current lineup of phones currently at Verizon is the draw for me. The Note 4 needs to be groundbreaking like the rumors of the curved display and the sides for notifications. If it is an incremental update like the S4 and S3 have been I'll give the Z2 a shot.

    Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-30-2014, 05:21 PM
  2. Gallery - People is spooky!
    By Madd54 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-20-2014, 06:33 PM
  3. How to update my HTC rezound to jelley bean 4.2
    By Kenneth Acquah in forum Verizon Droid Incredible 4G
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-20-2014, 02:03 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-20-2014, 02:01 PM
  5. Just found_FREE Lock Screen App_Pays you or GIVES TO CHARITY
    By Johnny Ricardo in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2014, 01:43 PM

Posting Permissions