So is it coming to Verizon or not???

godsidekurt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have my upgrade in a month and have been anxiously awaiting a Verizon release after seeing the leaks previously. I am also excited to learn more about the LG G3 this week but think its gonna be too big for my taste. So right now I'm still looking at the S5 as its the only announced phone. It has all of the features that I want, especially like the removable battery which is becoming more and more rare. However I was hoping to try something new this time around as I've had the S2, S3 and S4. :)

What say you?

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I have my upgrade in a month and have been anxiously awaiting a Verizon release after seeing the leaks previously. I am also excited to learn more about the LG G3 this week but think its gonna be too big for my taste. So right now I'm still looking at the S5 as its the only announced phone. It has all of the features that I want, especially like the removable battery which is becoming more and more rare. However I was hoping to try something new this time around as I've had the S2, S3 and S4. :)

What say you?

I Say get the Z2 it's worth every penny.

Oh and you won't be disappointed :)

Posted via Android Central App

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

What say you?

Wait. Don't settle on the s5 because you will regret it.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
latest word is that Verizon Wireless will NOT carry the Z2. can't say I'm surprised. :(

You might be right but it seems to be a bit fuzzy. I'm not a VZW fan, in fact I left to go to TMo, but it appears to me there has not been a definitive answer. Here are the two posts from the Xperia Blog that have "fanned the flames."

The first one has a response from Sony that the pic was posted in error and taken down. Neither confirms nor denies it will be coming to VZW, only that the pic was posted by mistake and the Z2 would be available in the Sony store later in the summer. Here is the link to the post:

Could the Xperia Z2 be heading to Verizon? [Update] | Xperia Blog

The second article is even more vague, no comment or response from Sony. And, it appears to me that picture has been edited to make the VZW branding difficult to read. Here is the link:

Another Verizon Xperia Z2 press image spotted | Xperia Blog

So, I would say the only ones who know for sure are Sony and VZW. My 2 cents.

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
You might be right but it seems to be a bit fuzzy. I'm not a VZW fan, in fact I left to go to TMo, but it appears to me there has not been a definitive answer. Here are the two posts from the Xperia Blog that have "fanned the flames."

The first one has a response from Sony that the pic was posted in error and taken down. Neither confirms nor denies it will be coming to VZW, only that the pic was posted by mistake and the Z2 would be available in the Sony store later in the summer. Here is the link to the post:

Could the Xperia Z2 be heading to Verizon? [Update] | Xperia Blog

The second article is even more vague, no comment or response from Sony. And, it appears to me that picture has been edited to make the VZW branding difficult to read. Here is the link:

Another Verizon Xperia Z2 press image spotted | Xperia Blog

So, I would say the only ones who know for sure are Sony and VZW. My 2 cents.

agreed... however, it's not the first time that a leaked photo of a new phone showing up with Verizon logo... and then never making it to Verizon's shelves... :(

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Any idea where in the U.S.I can play with one?

Not really, unless you know someone that has one. I read someplace that Sony is going to sell it in the US this summer, but then you would still have to find a Sony store around where you live. I own a ZL and keep debating on the Z2 it seems the price has come down a little, on eBay anyway. Negri Electronics has them for around $710.

Posted via Nexus 5. AC App

godsidekurt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Bummer, would really like to play with one before I make a decision. While I am pretty sure I will enjoy the build, Im not 100% on the software as I've grown to like some of Touchwiz additions (crazy I know). Is there another Sony phone with similar software in the US I could play with?

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Bummer, would really like to play with one before I make a decision. While I am pretty sure I will enjoy the build, Im not 100% on the software as I've grown to like some of Touchwiz additions (crazy I know). Is there another Sony phone with similar software in the US I could play with?

TMo carries the Z1s, it's running 4.3 (JB) vesus 4.4 (KitKat) but the overall design of the software functionality will be the same. Also, the Z2 will have slightly smaller bezels around the screen and the Z2 screen will be brighter / more vivid. The Z2 will also be slightly bigger, thinness and weight about the same. The Sony apps will be the same, if the display unit has been updated.

The Sony skin is very light compared to Touchwiz or Sense, it's almost stock Android and one of the "features" I enjoy with Sony phones. But I came from a Nexus phone and have a Nexus tablet....I prefer my Android straight-up! :D

sdc1

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Of you prefer vanilla Android but want a Z2 just put the Google Now Launcher on it. You'll have a few Sony apps you can't uninstall but that's no big deal.

3809.jpg

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have not seen any recent news on the Z2 for Verizon other than the tablet. I'm about ready to give up on this and wait for the next round of phones this fall. Has anyone heard anything about the Verizon variant?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Was the Same with Motorola with the X here in the UK.

The Z2 still holds its own and of course I recommend it when it does hit verison.

The M8 it trumps it in important areas, although I'm not underestimating that the M8 is a great device.

The S5 does have great features, but not one that I would recommend based on the fact that it for me is a bit disjointed lol

The LG G3 same internals larger quad Hd screen, a great device yes and well focused and for many will be an alternative and a good one. However the Z2 is waterproof and has the ability for snaps underwater and the noise cancellation which is great.

If you have the patience the Z2 is great :)

anon(6142785)

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Would love to have it but I understand it's impossible to read in sunlight so looks like a LG G3 for me if VZW gets the 3/32 GB version. Luckily my upgrade is in Sept so there will be lots of choices then.

Posted from my VZW GALAXY S3

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Would love to have it but I understand it's impossible to read in sunlight so looks like a LG G3 for me if VZW gets the 3/32 GB version. Luckily my upgrade is in Sept so there will be lots of choices then.

Posted from my VZW GALAXY S3

This is not true stop reading verge articles lol

I have used it in all conditions and I never have it at full brightness, so therefore I disagree with it having bad visibility :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty