Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Default Why Buy the Z2?

There are many reasons and to name a few...

The Camera

If you are into taking pictures then you will find it a Joy the user interface is great and easy to use, and for the most part superior auto does the job very well, but there are other great modes, AR effects if your into adding that bit of fun into your pictures, Manual mode so you can have control over the Iso and various other settings. The Z2's Camera I score 9/10.

The Front Facing Speakers

Many try and compare to the M8 and it can't quite be as Sony opted to retain the Ip rating so something had to give. They are not excessively loud, but clear and rich and I find them to be better than all others that I have owned. Score 8/10

The Noise Cancelling Earbuds

I like them alot and they provide a very balanced sound and do a great job at eliminating background noise. Score 9/10

Battery Life

My average day is wake up at 9am and I can comfortably use my phone for, Taking Photos , music, reading articles and watching videos, alot of screen on time until late hours of between 00:00 and 01:00. I tend not to use my phone whilst sleeping so charging overnight is great. Score 9/10.

The Ui

It's nice and light, yes it has some Sony Bloat but nowhere near the level of Samsung, which makes it smooth and lag free. Score 9/10.

Other Features

From knock on, built in answering machine, the gallery app and Sony Walkman and should have mentioned this earlier 4k recording, themes and being able to personalise, battery saving features. Score 9/10.

The Build

It's of a very premium feel and great attention to detail. The fact it's only a look and design that Sony puts out there is why I will give it a 10/10 bare in mind this is my own opinion.

Overall I rate the Z2 a 9/10

Think I have covered most things lol

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Why Buy the Z2?

It is a complete phone.
    You forgot the display😜

Posted from my G2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IT-Addicted View Post
    It is a complete phone.
    You forgot the display😜

Posted from my G2
    Oh Yeh the important part of any smartphone lol

The Display

For me it's great I don't tend to look at my phone at weird angles, and can't compare to the Z1 but it's a great screen and I have no difficulties even at medium brightness (never have it full) viewing in daylight. It's crisp and vibrant. Score 9/10.

How is this different than Sony Xperia Z2 don't think just buy :-) or your other 5-6 threads

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    bembol 

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    There are many reasons and to name a few...

The Camera

If you are into taking pictures then you will find it a Joy the user interface is great and easy to use, and for the most part superior auto does the job very well, but there are other great modes, AR effects if your into adding that bit of fun into your pictures, Manual mode so you can have control over the Iso and various other settings. The Z2's Camera I score 9/10.

The Front Facing Speakers

Many try and compare to the M8 and it can't quite be as Sony opted to retain the Ip rating so something had to give. They are not excessively loud, but clear and rich and I find them to be better than all others that I have owned. Score 8/10

The Noise Cancelling Earbuds

I like them alot and they provide a very balanced sound and do a great job at eliminating background noise. Score 9/10

Battery Life

My average day is wake up at 9am and I can comfortably use my phone for, Taking Photos , music, reading articles and watching videos, alot of screen on time until late hours of between 00:00 and 01:00. I tend not to use my phone whilst sleeping so charging overnight is great. Score 9/10.

The Ui

It's nice and light, yes it has some Sony Bloat but nowhere near the level of Samsung, which makes it smooth and lag free. Score 9/10.

Other Features

From knock on, built in answering machine, the gallery app and Sony Walkman and should have mentioned this earlier 4k recording, themes and being able to personalise, battery saving features. Score 9/10.

The Build

It's of a very premium feel and great attention to detail. The fact it's only a look and design that Sony puts out there is why I will give it a 10/10 bare in mind this is my own opinion.

Overall I rate the Z2 a 9/10

Think I have covered most things lol

You forgot an important thing, accessories integration. The smartband, magnetic charger, bluetooth earphones and smartwatch 2 do help daily life a lot.

Sent from my Xperia Z2
    Thanked by 2:
    bembol 

Once again spot on.

Pro S5
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bobsacomano View Post
    How is this different than Sony Xperia Z2 don't think just buy :-) or your other 5-6 threads

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
    It probably doesn't vary much, quite odd neither does the phone other than the homescreen lol

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    It probably doesn't vary much, quite odd neither does the phone other than the homescreen lol

Oh and you commented on this one :-P