Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Xperia Z2 vs LG G3

Has anyone who's planned to get the Z2, now held off with plans to get the G3? Both UI's look great and while I don't have my Z2 in hand yet, it still looks like its skin overlay is much less intrusive than LG. The display on the G3 is definitely impressive, but I'm not to sure about the camera. We'll have to see in a real world head to head comparison. Any thoughts?

In my opinion the Z2 is a fine example from Sony so refined and focused.

That said the likes if Htc with the M8 and LG with the G3 are also focused and alas. Are doing Something that Samsung are not, listening to customers.

I do believe Samsung must be looking at what the majority would like but to stubborn and perhaps arrogant, either way I'm glad I opted for the Xperia Z2.

But we'll done to Lg & Htc for your flagships :-)

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Xperia Z2 vs LG G3

I like the look of the g3 but I'm happy with my z2. I prefer the look of the z2. Either phone will be great.

I just sold my like new Z1 and getting a Z2. Its a beautiful device. I really like the design language over plastic devices.

LG Optimus G Pro - Beanstalk 4.4 Bitches!

Sony Xperia Z1 LTE C6906

LG Nexus 5 White 32gb

Just sold htc m8 32gb. Happy owner of z2 for almoust a month :-D

Sent from my D6503 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by diemon View Post

It's one very fine Smartphone :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    It's one very fine Smartphone :-)

Absolutely agree! :-)

As much as I love the Z2, I need my IR Blaster. The night I got I really thought it had it.

I didn't wait because I'm not very patient and had doubts about the UI.

I'm still not sure though because Waterproof has become a must have feature.

"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras. " - MacKenzie (The Newsroom, HBO)
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)

How does the Z2 compare versus the M8?

Quote Originally Posted by diemon View Post

I posted my Z2 on Craigslist and will be getting the G3. I still have my G2 and it has better call quality and take good photos more consistently than my Z2.

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

I've just sold my Z2 and will be placing a preorder for a G3. The Z2 is a great phone and I couldn't fault it, I enjoyed it while I had it.

I change phones frequently and rarely keep a phone more than a few months, I like to try new phones when they come out.

I wouldn't part with my Z2 and im lucky enough to get consistent great quality pics, and the audio is superb.

I do like trying out new devices thus will part with my Note 3 to go in part to pay for the G3 which I now have on order :-)

Quote Originally Posted by sdc1 View Post
    I've just sold my Z2 and will be placing a preorder for a G3. The Z2 is a great phone and I couldn't fault it, I enjoyed it while I had it.

I change phones frequently and rarely keep a phone more than a few months, I like to try new phones when they come out.

I put both S5 and Z2 up for sale which ever gets interest is gone. Keeping one and buying the G3.

As I said both are amazing, I'm just really obsessed with these Super Phones.

Pro S5
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)

The G3 was announced when my Z2 was being shipped. It would be a tough decision since I love Z2 being waterproof. But G3 having a replaceacle battery is pretty awesome. I'd like to see them pitted against each other in a camera shoot out.

Quote Originally Posted by RicKaysen View Post
    I posted my Z2 on Craigslist and will be getting the G3. I still have my G2 and it has better call quality and take good photos more consistently than my Z2.
    I have the exact opposite opinion. I got rid of my G2 (quite quickly) as the photos and videos it was taking were absolute muck. Anything but perfect light and the pics turned into a blurry mess. And good luck taking a pic of anything moving - the shutter speed wasn't good at all.
    Z2 is in my opinion streets ahead of the G2.

FYI the G3 has the same sensor as the G2, but i hope they've tweaked the software.