Can't watch videos from facebook

Henrikdk93

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi Android-users,

I am having this problem with my Xperia Z2, that I can't play videos in facebooks application correctly. I am able to watch a video for around 30 seconds before it stops the video and shows up a message, saying that it was not able to play it, because of an unknown failure.

I am putting a screenshot into the thread, so you can see it.
The text is in Danish, but correctly translated to english it means:

"Can not play video. Sorry, there was an unknown error while playing this video. Ok"

What can I do to solve this? I am not having any problems playing videos from YouTube for example. I hope you can help.

Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 6604.jpg
    6604.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 113

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Don't know why this is occurring but I have the same problem on the Z2 and on the Note 3 and Nexus 5 so it's not phone specific lol

Usually works second time round though.

diemon

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Usually keep pressing for a couple times and finally it will work. Iphone doesn't have this problem though...

Sent from my D6503 using AC Forums mobile app

Henrikdk93

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I just tried to delete the facebook application from my phone, and then reinstalled it from Google Play Store. Now after trying it out, I have successfully played several videos without experiencing the problem. So try to reinstall Facebook, I hope it works for you as well! :)

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
My videos on Facebook tend to stop working. I keep trying and eventually get it to work. Must be a Facebook issue I'd of thought.

airahza

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I just tried to delete the facebook application from my phone, and then reinstalled it from Google Play Store. Now after trying it out, I have successfully played several videos without experiencing the problem. So try to reinstall Facebook, I hope it works for you as well! :)

i have try this several times. at first it works, when try to log in back, the problem comes back.

Suzanne Knighton

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi Android-users,

I am having this problem with my Xperia Z2, that I can't play videos in facebooks application correctly. I am able to watch a video for around 30 seconds before it stops the video and shows up a message, saying that it was not able to play it, because of an unknown failure.

I am putting a screenshot into the thread, so you can see it.
The text is in Danish, but correctly translated to english it means:

"Can not play video. Sorry, there was an unknown error while playing this video. Ok"

What can I do to solve this? I am not having any problems playing videos from YouTube for example. I hope you can help.

Thanks!

johnno40

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Hiya, im having the same trouble too....think it may be a software problem ...hopefully they will shove out a fix for it soon as it's very annoying ....you'd think a top flight handset could handle such stuff

Greg2099

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Had same issue on my Xperia Z Ultra LTE. Cleaned the cache on the app as some had suggested and it seems to be working fine now. Will follow up if it fails later.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Most are YouTube videos so I watch from there.

However yes its annoying and I haven't stumbled across a permenent solution.

So if anyone has then feel free to share lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888