Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sony Xperia Z2 flaws..

So I have owned the Z2 for around a month and I struggle to find 3 flaws.

For some this may be easy depending on requirements.

The only one is that perhaps Sony should have utilised the front facing speakers better in terms of being able to use both whilst in call.

They should have given more options for the 20.7mgp shooter.

But the latter is not a gripe, infact neither is as they don't detract from what is a really great smartphone.

What is your views after your time with the Z2?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Sony Xperia Z2 flaws..

Notification tones are no where near loud enough. Other than that, love the phone.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Sony Xperia Z2 flaws..

I'm not sure if anyone else has problems with the proximity sensor as in that when making a call the screen goes blank and it won't light up again, sometimes rubbing it or pointing it towards a brighter light re-kicks it into action

Unhappy Re: Sony Xperia Z2 flaws..

Yep, Getting the same issue with the proximity sensor. It blanks the screen out as it is placed near my ear but then chooses not to turn the screen back on, the screen seems to still take some information though as the 'touch vibration' kicks in intermitantly during the call!

The sound issue seems to stem from a bug that both the Z and Z1 had causing the alarm/ notifications to be quiet. the fix came out for thew Z and Z1 but was not applied to the Z2 prior to release for some reason. I'm attempting to see if it can be applied manually?!

It's be nice to find out more on the Proximity sensor though as this wan't a problem a few days after getting the handset. Seems an update has had an effect somewhere along the line.