Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery observations

I just received my Z2 a several days ago and so far having playing with an exciting new gadget. One thing I'm finding though, is the battery isn't as amazing as a lot of other people and reviewers have discussed. People are talking about going almost the whole day with 'moderate' use. I'm not sure exactly what that can mean but I'm finding even straight messaging for about 10 minutes can deplete the battery by 1%. Is that reasonable?
    The other thing I noticed is that the camera really takes a lot out of the battery. I've already read that filming in 4K will overheat the camera but I'm finding even taking still shots in super auto, the camera can heat up pretty quick after a few shots. And the battery drains a lot quicker as well. I can't imagine traveling somewhere and taking hundreds of shots. The camera will just overheat like crazy and shut off by itself. Anyone else finding this? I'm hoping I didn't end up with a bad battery.

Global Posts
    31,351 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Battery observations

When your battery is at about 30-40% remaining, could you post some screenshots of the battery stats, please? Tap on the graph to include that one as well.

I'm not sure why you think 1% in 10 minutes is poor?

My battery appears to have a pretty average drain to about 85-90% to the point where I was getting concerned. No need, it really levels off after this and the battery life is indeed stellar. Absolutely brilliant.

Give it a bit of time in various scenarios - some will obviously drain more battery life than others - and report back with definitive usage stats, as advised above. You will be using your phone so much more on the first few days so your perception may be skewed a little as well.

Regards

Sent from my Xperia Z2 using Tapatalk
    Alex Man likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    When your battery is at about 30-40% remaining, could you post some screenshots of the battery stats, please? Tap on the graph to include that one as well.
    So this might seem pretty good there is about 6 hours sleep time in there. It really become evident when you compare to how little screen time I'm getting compared to some other people. I think using the camera has a lot to do with it, although it's not listed here. Taking a few snaps can drain the battery by 1%. I also have no idea why Foursquare and WeChat are even on the list. I barely touch them.

Sent from my D6503 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery observations-1402245713654.jpg   Battery observations-1402245728398.jpg   Battery observations-1402245739628.jpg   Battery observations-1402245774398.jpg  
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    31,351 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Man View Post
    So this might seem pretty good there is about 6 hours sleep time in there. It really become evident when you compare to how little screen time I'm getting compared to some other people. I think using the camera has a lot to do with it, although it's not listed here. Taking a few snaps can drain the battery by 1%. I also have no idea why Foursquare and WeChat are even on the list. I barely touch them.

I would say that is pretty good considering the mobile signal is a little weak. The battery stats account for everything. So eve if you barely use them, they still can count. I don't think I would be too concerned about what you are getting.
    Alex Man likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Down to 1%, not too bad. But a couple hours short on screen time compared with some other people. Again, I blame the camera, otherwise I could have squeezed more time out of it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery observations-1402293852483.jpg   Battery observations-1402293869180.jpg  

Global Posts
    31,351 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

I think you are getting some great time on your battery.

Signed, XenonRom, Nexus 5 and AC Forums App
    Alex Man likes this.

I've not noticed the camera its self eating a lot of battery but the AR Effect mode for the camera certainly does.
    Alex Man likes this.