Z2 haptic feedback and vibration

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if I have just noticed or if it has always been like it but the touch vibration on my z2 is none existant at times. The home, back and multi task button don't really vibrate much when touched and when they do its temperamental and weak. Also, SwiftKey does vibrate if I go into its settings and turn up the vibration settings higher. But even then sometimes the keys don't vibrate at all when pressed.

It seems the vibration motor is weak. One press when it's working and you can hardly feel it. Multiple fast presses of the same button results in increased vibration. Almost like I'm helping the motor pick up speed. I have turned off the feature now as it is annoying me.

Anyone else have this?

Posted via Android Central App

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if I have just noticed or if it has always been like it but the touch vibration on my z2 is none existant at times. The home, back and multi task button don't really vibrate much when touched and when they do its temperamental and weak. Also, SwiftKey does vibrate if I go into its settings and turn up the vibration settings higher. But even then sometimes the keys don't vibrate at all when pressed.

It seems the vibration motor is weak. One press when it's working and you can hardly feel it. Multiple fast presses of the same button results in increased vibration. Almost like I'm helping the motor pick up speed. I have turned off the feature now as it is annoying me.

Anyone else have this?

Well, if you think there is some problem with the motor then I would say why don't you walk towards the nearest support centre for fixing it up. I am sure you must be having an active warranty means this problem can be sorted out easily as after a while it's going to give you a headache.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Could do. I'm not sure where the nearest Sony center is now. They closed the one near me. I'll look into it.

If I turn the vibration up to full in swift key the motor really goes for it if I hold down a key. So it seems fine. Maybe a software problem.