Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Duncan1982
  • 1 Post By hnguyen
  • 1 Post By Duncan1982
  • 1 Post By lutin
  • 1 Post By malt1977
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The Xperia Z2 is bloody brilliant.

Title says it all, after using it for over a month now, there is not much to dislike about this phone.

So glad I opted for this over the S5 the M8 I hmm but still the Camera and other features still surpass the M8 (Not that it's poor, because it's not) but it's not the Z2 :-)

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    BIGPADDY likes this.

Global Posts
    441 Global Posts

Default Re: The Xperia Z2 is bloody brilliant.

I agree. It's a fantastic phone.

Thanked by 2:
    khyos94 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hnguyen View Post
    I agree. It's a fantastic phone.

I agree. It's by far the best phone out on the market right now. I own one and its flawless in every single way. The camera, the processor, the screen, the front facing dual speakers, the waterproof ability, the battery (3200 mah), expandable memory to 128 gb, the ui, the noise cancelling, and so many more features that if I named them I would right a book. Everything is just so smooth and all of the features are useful. Not like some other phones that have so much crap that you will never use. And I just want to say that the HTC ONE M8 is absolute garbage compared to the Z2. It's so overrated. The only good thing on that phone is the front facing speakers which are a bit louder than my z2.other than that it's junk
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by mt3283 View Post
    I agree. It's by far the best phone out on the market right now. I own one and its flawless in every single way. The camera, the processor, the screen, the front facing dual speakers, the waterproof ability, the battery (3200 mah), expandable memory to 128 gb, the ui, the noise cancelling, and so many more features that if I named them I would right a book. Everything is just so smooth and all of the features are useful. Not like some other phones that have so much crap that you will never use. And I just want to say that the HTC ONE M8 is absolute garbage compared to the Z2. It's so overrated. The only good thing on that phone is the front facing speakers which are a bit louder than my z2.other than that it's junk
    I don't think the M8 is junk infact other OEM's bar Samsung at the moment are producing some great phones, namely because they are focused.

The Z2 however is hard to find fault with its got many great features and all work and well, it's focused and with the new update it's even smoother than it was (was no slouch before).

With the Z2 I don't feel in any rush to upgrade, where I did with previous phones and for that thanks Sony as I can't really afford to, although I probably would have had I stuck with Samsung lol

Don't get me wrong I like the G3 but have since cancelled my order with it (for now) until perhaps the price drops and then I may check it out or just have a look at the Z3.

The Z2 is a very fine product :-)

robsawalker likes this.

I loved my M7, especially cuz it had sdcard hehe (Japanese version). Thing I missed most on it was the waterproof feature of my previous Japanese phones, so when the ZL2 came out with the (not as loud or clear) front-facing speakers, better camera, better battery life and water/dust proof, it was an easy choice.

I hadn't felt the need to upgrade to any phone since I got my M7 until I saw the ZL2. I do miss my M7's smooth metal and better front-facing cam, and even miss Sense 5.0 (bloody carrier has yet to update it past 4.2.2 and Sense 5.0), but I'll live with the ZL2 for a while I think, unless it suddenly breaks down I guess.

Yep, the Z2 is awesome alright, but it's totally unfair to slate the M8 - its an utterly brilliant phone. People slag the camera off too, but I disagree 100%. The Ultrapixel camera is so fast at focussing and shooting, and so good in low light. I have both a Z2 and the older M7 and can honestly say the M7 takes better pictures under certain conditions, although all-round the Z2 camera is amazing.

I took this photo on the wekeend using my Z2:

The Xperia Z2 is bloody brilliant.-dsc_0244-2.jpg

Anybody know what this little fellow is?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by robsawalker View Post
    Yep, the Z2 is awesome alright, but it's totally unfair to slate the M8 - its an utterly brilliant phone. People slag the camera off too, but I disagree 100%. The Ultrapixel camera is so fast at focussing and shooting, and so good in low light. I have both a Z2 and the older M7 and can honestly say the M7 takes better pictures under certain conditions, although all-round the Z2 camera is amazing.

I took this photo on the wekeend using my Z2:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0244~2.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	432.5 KB 
ID:	123673

Anybody know what this little fellow is?
    Firstly that is a cracking pic so well done and thanks for sharing :-) could be a bee/wasp hybrid type thing lol

Yes I don't get why the ultrapixel gets grief, yes it's not the best but as mentioned in certain circumstances it can produce better results than the high megapixel camera's.

I appreciate the likes of LG, Htc, Sony, oppo, even huawei that are producing great products.

Samsung do implement some great features but for me just to overloaded on gimmicks which I now dislike.

I want feature that work and well and the Z2 provides that.

Thanked by:

It is neither a bee nor a wasp in fact! CLUE: Look at his eyes

What about viewing in sunlight?

Posted from my VZW GALAXY S3

Quote Originally Posted by robsawalker View Post
    It is neither a bee nor a wasp in fact! CLUE: Look at his eyes
    Is it bono?
    blacks0ull likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bell View Post
    What about viewing in sunlight?

Posted from my VZW GALAXY S3
    No problems for me, and I live in a constant sunny country near the equator, where the sun shines intensely.

Yeah the Z2 is indeed a bloody brilliant smartphone, first phone I have that could last 2 days, with expendable memory and a beautiful camera.

Sent from my D6503 using Mobile Nations mobile app
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by thatdennis View Post
    No problems for me, and I live in a constant sunny country near the equator, where the sun shines intensely.

Yeah the Z2 is indeed a bloody brilliant smartphone, first phone I have that could last 2 days, with expendable memory and a beautiful camera.

Sent from my D6503 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Attention new adopters of the Z2 or those thinking of purchasing whilst I'm not saying the Z2 is flawless. I am going to say the positives far outweigh any Negatives.

As you can judge from reviews of the Z2 and the lack of issues raised in forums would back up my statement.

I am also thinking on purchasing the Sony QX10 camera lense to add that bit extra to what is a great camera.

Duncan1982: I've seen some of your Z2 shots in another thread...they look superb. If only the Z2 were not so expensive...
    robsawalker: I take the small flying animal so clearly photographed by your Z2 to be one of those flies whose appearance mimics that of bees.

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    Duncan1982: I've seen some of your Z2 shots in another thread...they look superb. If only the Z2 were not so expensive...
    robsawalker: I take the small flying animal so clearly photographed by your Z2 to be one of those flies whose appearance mimics that of bees.

Thanks and I will be honest I have next to zero knowledge on photography. I mearly enjoy and even more so now taking photos with the Z2. I perhaps would be keen to pursue further but A good Dslr and lenses, tripods, spirit levels, Filters, Camera cleaning products ect can very easily run into the thousands.

I enjoy the Z2 for its ease of use Camera application. It has your open up point and shoot superior auto, Manual mode so you can control your ISO, Pixel settings ect and it has some fun filters that I havnt as yet dived into.

If you perhaps save a few $ it's from what I hear being launched on verizon in August.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Having used the Z, Z1 and now the Z2, I can safely say that this (in my opinion) is one of the best devices out there. I'd say it ticks all the boxes that I need from a phone and more.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    thatdennis likes this.

I have the Sammy Galaxy S4 GPE. I'm very happy with it. I also own the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet. Awesome device. Based on my eXperience, (See what I did there?), with the Z2 Tablet, I wanted to try the Z2 phone. I want a SLIGHTLY bigger screen than my G4 GPE.... the Z2 has 3GB of RAM versus only 2 GB on the S4 GPE so why not, right? I must tell you that I hate the Z2 OS versus the S4 GPE. I think I'l never be able to use anything other than a GPE phone. At this point, is there any way to convert my Z2 phone into a GPE device?

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

I see where you're coming from with the GPE. Luckily the Sony overlay is one of the least obtrusive in my opinion, but even then it gets a little frustrating to have 2 music players, 2 picture viewers etc. the only thing I can suggest is that you just put all the sony stuff in a folder and only use the google apps....not ideal, but it's certainly a step in the right direction.
    Banned

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

I agree with the exception of music, the Walkman app is way better than Google Music

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

True, especially as I use the music unlimited service too.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

I'm a little pissed off that Sony isn't giving us ART though, I just looked into it
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by xchange View Post
    I'm a little pissed off that Sony isn't giving us ART though, I just looked into it
    I'm not as long as the phone does everything with ease, then dalvik it is ;-)

However with things moving in the ART direction, why Sony isn't going to implement this is mind boggling.

Banned

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    I'm not as long as the phone does everything with ease, then dalvik it is ;-)

However with things moving in the ART direction, why Sony isn't going to implement this is mind boggling.

not sure how you guys have been faring but on the Z1 and my N7 I noticed a marked degradation in app launch times ever since the kitkat update. I have a feeling Google messed with animation drawing or timing because I went into dev options and forced it faster on both devices to fix it. I was hoping to enable ART for this reason and just discovered they're not enabling it.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by xchange View Post
    not sure how you guys have been faring but on the Z1 and my N7 I noticed a marked degradation in app launch times ever since the kitkat update. I have a feeling Google messed with animation drawing or timing because I went into dev options and forced it faster on both devices to fix it. I was hoping to enable ART for this reason and just discovered they're not enabling it.
    I have not noticed what your experiencing tbh

My Z2 is running so so smooth :-)

Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    ROM
    BIGPADDY/theBEST

I love my Z2 best phone I have ever own!

Love the display and audio and everything else!