- Junior Member
- 1 Posts
z2 supports 700mhz?
sony z2a just got released in Taiwan, and the media release says it supports the 700mhz band that the z2 does not support. but any taiwanese z2 sellers and the local aussie sellers all claims their z2 supports the 700Mhz band, any one know which one is right?
- 06-25-2014, 01:11 AM #2
- 348 Posts
Re: z2 supports 700mhz?
I would tend to trust the manufacturer's site:
規格 - Sony Smartphones (Taiwan)
Xperia Z2 (D6502, D6503) GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900MHz)
Xperia Z2 (D6502, D6503) 3G (850/900/1900/2100MHz)
Xperia Z2 (D6503) LTE (Band 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 20)
Bands 13 and 17 appear to be 700 MHz, by perusing List of LTE networks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia & LTE Bands | LTE Frequency Bands Spectrum & Frequencies | Radio-Electronics.com
So it depends on the specific model I'm guessing, with the D6503 seeming to be the only sone supporting LTE at all.
Now I'm not sure why the Z2a isn't listed on the Sony Taiwan website, so I'm not sure how valid this specs list is: Sony Xperia Z2a vs. Sony Xperia Z2 - GSMArena.com
I myself have the ZL2 (the Japanese version on which the Z2a is based), but can't find reliable info either on the LTE bands support...
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-24-2014, 05:47 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-23-2014, 08:28 AM
- By Duncan1982 in forum Sony Xperia Z2Replies: 2Last Post: 06-23-2014, 04:50 AM
- By banjo67xxx in forum Sony Xperia Z2Replies: 1Last Post: 06-21-2014, 01:52 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-19-2014, 08:04 PM