Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default So really, 16 GB?

I know Samsung does it too but I'd never consider a Samsung. So exactly how much of a problem is only having 16 GB on these things? I'm assuming it's still difficult to move apps to SD, since this is KitKat and all? I've got 12 GB worth of just apps and games on my current device, and Dropbox will still have to sync to internal storage too, unfortunately. What's everyone's experience been?

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Default Re: So really, 16 GB?

Lucky I don't have too many apps, and the larger ones such as tomtom can be moved to my memory card.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Well it's just fine for me, however I only install apps that I use and not speculative ones, and I'm not a mobile gamer.

So all is sweet & dandy, although I do agree that 32gb should be the minimum.

Posted via Android Central App

I agree, 16 gb is really not enough these days. I do have a lot of apps and games but just wish there was the option to utilize the SD card. I understand why they disallowed it in kit kat.

Sent from my D6503 using AC Forums mobile app

ROM
    Stock

Yeh, really just 16 GB, but I'm going to buy myself a micro SD card with about 64gb capacity, so that will help some.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

That's what I did, job done.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I wonder if we're going to see more 32GB phones with the recent SD card-related changes to Android.

Posted via Android Central App
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I think we should be. The SD card is still of some importance but it's utility is definitely less than it was.

It's still handy for saving Google Play Movies, and Vudu videos locally. And for keping one's music collection on. Those three things do help to preserve internal storage for other uses. You don't see many other apps making use of it though.