Stock Messaging App and Group Messaging?

The_Smurph

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Whats up guys, new over here. I came from Crackberry after 7 years of using a Blackberry. I finally had my Torch 9810 die on me so I replaced it with the Z2. I love the phone except for a couple small hiccups and this is one. Why can I not have group messages going in the stock Messenger? Please do not tell me the only way to do group messages is in Google Hangouts. Ill be pissed if that is the case.

This phone is amazing to my old Torch and blows it out of the water. I was surprised though that I went through all of my "Unlimited Data" usage in about a week lol. I do miss the compression a little from the Blackberry but now with Opera I am ok. IF yall could help this Android newb out with this group messaging thing I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Google hangouts, not sure what the big deal is but yup, stock messenger doesn't do it afaik

Sent from my D6503 using AC Forums mobile app

DacyJ

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
If its similar to the S5 there should be a setting in the message option menu.

Posted via Android Central App

The_Smurph

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
If its similar to the S5 there should be a setting in the message option menu.

I have searched through all.of the settings and have clicked them all. There is nothing that will allow group messages. The individual messages getting sent out from a group message screws everyone up on the converaations. Ill keep looking around for answers.

The_Smurph

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I sure hope the Z2 blows the Torch out of the water given that the Torch is 4 years old.

Posted via Android Central App on BlackBerry Z30

The Torch worked great for me and I kept it primarily for the physical keyboard. I debated about getting the Z30 but decided to jump the Blackberry ship.

DacyJ

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I use chompsms and it works pretty good. I'm just so use to imessage that it will take time getting use to this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01