Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sony Xperia Z2a

Has anyone heard there might be a Sony Xperia Z2a? And I say "might" because while this phone is on PhoneArena:

Sony Xperia Z2a specs

I have not officially seen this phone on Sony's website. If this is true, I am quite impressed. For a downsized Xperia Z2, all the hardware is the same except a slightly smaller battery. And is the Sony Xperia Z2/(A) every going to make its way to the US?

I have the ZL2 , the Japanese model on which the Z2a is based. Its what I've been posting about in here, since this is the closest forum I could find lol

Minor disadvantage of the ZL2 is the 0.3 megapixels front facing camera... Screen is also 5" which is great, and thicker body with plastic back. No complaints though.

Was disappointed but I can live with it. Screen is also not IPS, and mine has a defect and will need to bring it in for service...

Default Re: Sony Xperia Z2a

Sorry, long time between responses.

Had my zl2 / z2a for a month or so now. Happy with it, beautiful screen, great rear camera, super battery (replaced Nexus 4). In water photos are fun.

As mentioned, this is really an anti-selfie camera...absolutely impossible to send a decent **** pic.

...only concern, is how / when phone will be updated, currently using 4.4.2 only.
    Thanked by: