Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Default Anyone else losing their minds waiting for a US version of a Z2?

I feel like this would be the perfect phone for me. It has everything that I want except for a built in stylus.

Great camera
    Front speakers
    Water and dust resistant
    Great build
    Great screen

I'm sitting here with my att note 3 and I feel like the Z2 would be the perfect upgrade.

Yes, I know you can purchase an international Z2 all day on the Web but I want an included warranty and someone to talk to if something goes wrong with it (Sony).

Gah. Enough ranting I guess. Hurry up Sony this is ridiculous.

Default Re: Anyone else losing their minds waiting for a US version of a Z2?

Verizon, mid-august, probably.

Posted from my VZW GALAXY S3

You do get tech support and the warranty if you buy it internationally, downside is you send it to Europe for the warranty work until it's released here. When it's released here Sony USA will service it no prob

Sent from my D6503 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by darigaaz12 View Post
    You do get tech support and the warranty if you buy it internationally, downside is you send it to Europe for the warranty work until it's released here. When it's released here Sony USA will service it no prob

The international variant of the Xperia Z2 would not work on Verizon.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darigaaz12 View Post

Are you saying they will service the international D6503 model in the USA when the phone is officially launched here?

Waiting here too. I'm going back and forth between the G3 and Z2 to replace my S4 on Verizon. I like the 32GB G3 with removable battery, but also like the Z2 being waterproof and a better camera.

I guess we'll see how things look around end of August when hopefully the Z2 will be out on Verizon, and the G3 will have been out already (and maybe semi cheap on Craigslist by then...)

Quote Originally Posted by sunrat39 View Post
    Are you saying they will service the international D6503 model in the USA when the phone is officially launched here?
    Talking to Sony tech support, yes. The international version should be the same as the unlocked version when they release it here in the US (not in Verizon, but unlocked through Sony.com). Talk to Sony if you want to verify, but they told me they will service it here but can't right now because it isn't released here so their techs aren't trained/don't have the parts to fix them.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Well it looks like the D6603 passed through the FCC. We might get the Z3 here in the states!

It would be great if Verizon skipped the Z2 and get the Z3.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Looks like sony just started selling it here in the states!

Yeah, it's here alright. Just not a fan of that $700 price tag. But hey, at least that's a discount from the list price.

http://store.sony.com/xperia-z2-zid2...pfm%3Dcategory

Good thing I'm not in a hurry to buy a new phone. Although the international version is about $100 cheaper.

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

I think I rather spend the extra money to get the US version for the warranty. Peace of mind.....
    Gonna call to see if my local Sony store has it in so I can play with it.

Global Posts
    806 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darthhen View Post
    I think I rather spend the extra money to get the US version for the warranty. Peace of mind.....
    This. Although I was able to get employees discount on Sony website and was able to get the phone for $629. Win.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

Wish I can get that. Can't get a code to register for the Sony employee discount.

Global Posts
    806 Global Posts

Hit me on PM. I might be able to help you

Current Devices: OnePlus One, Note 4, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Retired Devices: HTC One M8, Sony Xperia Z2, LG G3, Moto X, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts

I just purchased one on an impulse and fairly good deal but I'm having second thoughts. Think I'd have much interest in the classifieds here with it?

Quote Originally Posted by jschu22 View Post
    I just purchased one on an impulse and fairly good deal but I'm having second thoughts. Think I'd have much interest in the classifieds here with it?

Swappa or eBay would be good.

Posted via Nexus 5
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2

Quote Originally Posted by darthhen View Post
    Sending mine in for warranty work tomorrow, person on the phone had no problem with a warranty issue even though I bought from China

Thanked by:

Anyone else losing their minds waiting for a US version of a Z2?
    No, it is just a phone, why would anyone go crazy over a phone?
    LG-isai

Cuz phones are awesome

Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
    mhettrich likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    Cuz phones are awesome

and they can make you go crazy LOL jk
    LG-isai
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dctokyo View Post
    No, it is just a phone, why would anyone go crazy over a phone?
    Seriously?

B&H Photo has them for $599. Says they are an authorized Sony dealer, which gave me comfort like my favorite blanket.
    sunrat39 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrat39 View Post
    Seriously?
    The only difference between the "cell phone plague" and the "bubonic plague" is that the bubonic plague showed physical symptoms of its effects, like coughing, bleeding, etc.

Most people addicted to their cell phones aren't even conscious of what they're doing to their lives, especially their loved ones, friends, and children. There's even a term for cell phone addiction called "nomophobia," meaning "no mobile phone phobia." are you one of them?
    LG-isai
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast