Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By robsawalker
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sony wireless charging disappeared!!!

I have been happy with my z2 so far, was waiting for it to be complete and ordered the wcr 12 charging cover. The importer notified me after 2 weeks of waiting that this product will not be arriving. I was surprised and contacted sony global support for xperia and chatted online. After asking what happened to the wireless charger and if a replacing unit will be arriving, they said to me that they have no answer for me. I was surprised and said that where can I find info if not from Sony Xperia support and asked if they could later contact me via email. I was even more surprised when the chat was ended by saying have a nice day. WOW, what is going on? Anyone can expalin this, somethiing had to have gone terribly wrong with this wireless charging. If it wont come I am pissed, because I relied on it to come.
    Last edited by kip1; 07-21-2014 at 04:53 AM.

Default Re: Sony wireless charging disappeared!!!

Welcome to Android Central! Is there a phone number you can call? Best to actually talk to a real person for situations like this, rather than chat online. Are they at least refunding your money? Because if they're not, they're essentially defrauding you.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes, it's not about the money. I am curios what happened to the whole wireless kit. No explanation. When you have a small baby the wireless charging is a charm, when you go to sleep, you just place the phone on the charger versus sticking the cord into the small opening in a dark room...I just feel these kinds of things make me sad I came over to Sony from Nokia...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Oh yes, and there is no mobile customer service in Finland, if you call the number on Sony.fi it converts you to a out of country number. Not nice.

Quote Originally Posted by kip1 View Post
    I have been happy with my z2 so far, was waiting for it to be complete and ordered the wcr 12 charging cover. The importer notified me after 2 weeks of waiting that this product will not be arriving. I was surprised and contacted sony global support for xperia and chatted online. After asking what happened to the wireless charger and if a replacing unit will be arriving, they said to me that they have no answer for me. I was surprised and said that where can I find info if not from Sony Xperia support and asked if they could later contact me via email. I was even more surprised when the chat was ended by saying have a nice day. WOW, what is going on? Anyone can expalin this, somethiing had to have gone terribly wrong with this wireless charging. If it wont come I am pissed, because I relied on it to come.
    Sony hasn't said anything official yet, but rumours say it's because they want to save it for the Z3. If there isn't enough "wow" factor in the Z3 launch, people will buy the Z2 instead.

Rest assured though I'm pretty sure it will come after the Z3 launch.

Sent from my D6503 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Global Posts
    744 Global Posts

It's been confirmed from retail outlets it's been canceled from the MFR

Posted via Android Central App

Just get the magnetic charging cradle, it's really good.

aitt and khyos94 like this.

Global Posts
    744 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robsawalker View Post

What kind did you get?

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

I have heard of problems with that.. the magnetic charging port coming out?
    Quote Originally Posted by robsawalker View Post