Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mhettrich
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    705 Global Posts

Default Price match at Sony Store.

So I ordered the phone last. Returning the G3 for now as the software needs some polishing and not my satisfaction. Very God phone though. So I reluctantly paid the over priced phone with Sony. I get emails for my job and completely forgot I get discounts through corporate reward program they have with companies. Realized I can get 10% off. That's HUGE. $70 brings the phone down to $629. Called Sony and they will price match. Just have to wait to see it. #pumpfist hope my experience with this is better than the G3 bugs.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    8,952 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Price match at Sony Store.

Nice
    Congrats on the new phone!
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by:
    aitt 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    705 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Nice
    Congrats on the new phone!
    Thanks plus I bride them on free overnight shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by aitt View Post
    So I ordered the phone last. Returning the G3 for now as the software needs some polishing and not my satisfaction. Very God phone though. So I reluctantly paid the over priced phone with Sony. I get emails for my job and completely forgot I get discounts through corporate reward program they have with companies. Realized I can get 10% off. That's HUGE. $70 brings the phone down to $629. Called Sony and they will price match. Just have to wait to see it. #pumpfist hope my experience with this is better than the G3 bugs.

Nice! I'm following the same path, had the G3 and I loved it, but over time it began having overheating issues that I was displeased with. I ordered a Z2 yesterday and it should be here tomorrow.
    Current Devices: Note 4, Moto X, HTC One M8, 2013 Nexus 7

Retired Devices: OnePlus One, Sony Xperia Z2, Nexus 5, LG G3, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict
    aitt likes this.

Another G3 returnee here. The phone is well under 600 on Amazon and they sell as soon as listed on SWAPPA. I assume there are advantages of buying directly from Sony? Is there a warranty and return period?
    Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2

Thanks plus I bride them on free overnight shipping.

Just got my Z2. Do we have to setup APN settings for AT&T? Doesn't seem like data is working directly out of the box.

Retired Devices: OnePlus One, Sony Xperia Z2, Nexus 5, LG G3, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict

How's everyone liking the Z2? I currently don't know whether I should get the G3 or the z2 and it would be good to hear from people that have returned the G3. Is the z2 all you thought it would be and is it better than the G3?

Quote Originally Posted by mhettrich View Post
    Just got my Z2. Do we have to setup APN settings for AT&T? Doesn't seem like data is working directly out of the box.
    Answered my own question haha. Here's the site I used if you need it Aitt

AT&T Sony Xperia Z2 Internet and MMS APN Settings for United States - APN Settings USA

Android Addict

Quote Originally Posted by mhettrich View Post
    Answered my own question haha. Here's the site I used if you need it Aitt

AT&T Sony Xperia Z2 Internet and MMS APN Settings for United States - APN Settings USA
    Let us know your thoughts on it. I am on the bubble with the Z2...
    Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    Let us know your thoughts on it. I am on the bubble with the Z2...
    Sure thing, I'll put it through the paces for a few days and write something up. So far I'm extremely impressed with the build quality. Didn't really care for Sony's launcher, so I've already installed and setup Nova from a backup.

Android Addict
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    705 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    Another G3 returnee here. The phone is well under 600 on Amazon and they sell as soon as listed on SWAPPA. I assume there are advantages of buying directly from Sony? Is there a warranty and return period?
    Warranty guarantees easy return. Price match. Costumer service. I think return is the normal 14 days

Warranty guarantees easy return. Price match. Costumer service. I think return is the normal 14 days

Looks like it is a 30 day return according to their web site and 1 year warranty.