Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Default Wow...just wow..glass screen shatters and breaks my heart

$700 from Bell Canada
    My first positive Android Experience
    3 Months of happiness
    A 23 inch drop, Shattered Screen and a $300 Estimate from SONY
    Goodbye Android
    Goodbye SONY
    Hopefully my Lumia 1020 will take me back.
    Maybe the 8.1 and CYAN Update will help me forget.

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

Let me edit this cause I felt I read this wrong initially. I feel you. Not paying $300 to repair and already had the 1020 so you have to go back. I feel you. I'm scared of this phone too. That all glass is worrisome for me. Very delicate phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Sorry to hear it. Major bummer with any phone.

Supposed to pick up a Z2 later today. Do most people with a Z2 have insurance.

Posted via Nexus 5
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

Default Re: Wow...just wow..glass screen shatters and breaks my heart

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    Sorry to hear it. Major bummer with any phone.

Supposed to pick up a Z2 later today. Do most people with a Z2 have insurance.

Posted via Nexus 5
    I'm gonna call sony and see if it's too late to add. I'm usually an insurance Rebel but this is a delicate phone. I've seen iPhone shatter at 2 ft drop. I was being cheap not getting. Hope I can get it added.

You can't blame Sony or Android for you dropping your phone lol. I dropped mine on to a hard floor from mid waist height and it survived, thank god!

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andyvalver View Post
    You can't blame Sony or Android for you dropping your phone lol. I dropped mine on to a hard floor from mid waist height and it survived, thank god!

He's not blaming anybody. He's just stating goodbye cause he's not paying for the repair and has to go back to his old phone, which is the 1020 which just so happens to be his WP.

I'm in the same situation.

I just bought mine about one month ago. About two weeks ago I dropped it and it caught the edge of a step just right and the front screen just right and spider-webbed the front glass. Oh and it was in a Seidio Dilex case as well.

I sent it to Sony and I just got it back without even a repair estimate...just dubbed irreparable.

I really liked this phone but I cannot afford to replace it so I'm back to my trusty Samsung Galaxy S2 until I decide on what to replace it with (anyone have a OnePlus One invite??) Just kidding...well sort of.

Anyway that's my story of woe, I really liked this phone but now it shall rest in peace. I guess I'll put it up on eBay and see if anyone wants what's left of it!

Wow...just wow..glass screen shatters and breaks my heart-2014-07-19.jpg

That sucks man, I've had mine slip off so many surfaces and out of all of it the worst I have is a hairline crack along the top left corner along the flash module.

Since I like rocking it bare I've since ordered a dbrand skin and nillkin tempered glass protector and I'm hoping all goes well.

On the bright side at least WP8.1 is worth using. I'm eager to try it out myself.

/.- hammerhead