Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mhettrich
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts

Default Thank you for magnetic chargers.

You make my life complete. Next best thing to wireless charging. Got one cable today. Waiting on. The dock and the car dock.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Thank you for magnetic chargers.

Amen. I have the dock but am traveling and need a cable. Ordered last night from Amazon and will have it tomorrow!

Posted via my Xperia Z2
    iPhone 6 Plus, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8

Didn't even know a magnetic cable was an option. I just ordered one myself, can't wait for it to come in.
    Current Devices: OnePlus One, Moto X, HTC One M8, 2013 Nexus 7

Retired Devices: Sony Xperia Z2, Nexus 5, LG G3, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict
    aitt likes this.

I am still looking for a case with a cutout over the magnetic charging port. Any ideas? I am using a tudia tpu case which I like, but no access to the port. Have to remove the case to use the dock or cable.

Posted via Nexus 5
    iPhone 6 Plus, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8

The LG nexus 5 case with the screen cover had a thin section over the qi charger; works seamlessly. Expensive case but well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kianski View Post
    The LG nexus 5 case with the screen cover had a thin section over the qi charger; works seamlessly. Expensive case but well worth it.
    Sorry, I meant a case for my Z2 magnetic charging port.

Posted via Nexus 5
    Last edited by planoman; 08-03-2014 at 11:31 AM.

Be careful pushing these on too hard and taking them off at odd angles. My port is no longer sealed to the phone. I'm sending my phone in to Sony for a fix....

Quote Originally Posted by darigaaz12 View Post
    Be careful pushing these on too hard and taking them off at odd angles. My port is no longer sealed to the phone. I'm sending my phone in to Sony for a fix....

Yeah I am not to crazy about these flaps that cover the ports. I would rather take my case off and charge vs take the flaps off daily to USB charge. I cut a hole in one of my tpu cases but it looks terrible.

Posted via Nexus 5
    Last edited by planoman; 08-04-2014 at 05:48 PM.

By my port I mean the magnetic port, flaps haven't failed me yet

Sent from my D6503 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

By my port I mean the magnetic port, flaps haven't failed me yet

The port came out? I saw that on XDA. Crazy. For such a well built device that is nuts.

Posted via Nexus 5

Ya, read some things that it's just sealed with a bit of glue. Hopefully that was only on initial devices and some changes have been made so this doesn't happen again. I wanted to use this post to not wear out the flaps but you can easily buy new flaps... Glad I noticed this before I took another swim

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Anyone noticed problems with magnetic charging?
    I got an original sony magnetic charger, but wont charge properly!
    Ya, read some things that it's just sealed with a bit of glue. Hopefully that was only on initial devices and some changes have been made so this doesn't happen again. I wanted to use this post to not wear out the flaps but you can easily buy new flaps... Glad I noticed this before I took another swim

Did you use it rightly? you should pay attention to the direction of the charger because the two charging points are different.

This just happened to me today. The magnet on the charger has been so strong, it actually pulled the prong-mechanism right out of the phone. I have been able to push it back in and it still charges fine. But still... Kind of unnerving to think this can happen.