Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Matej Kreze1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default which one

Im buying a new phone soon .should i buy z2 or samsung s5

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    436 Global Posts

Default Re: which one

You can't go wrong with either one. My wife has the S5 and it's a good idea phone. I'm just not into Samsung products. Z2 has front dual speakers and is noticeably louder by default. I feel the camera is much better than S5 but it could be a tie in some eyes. 3gb RAM on Z2. No Qi option available for Z2 and no I blaster if those matter to you, however Z2 has magnetic connect for charging. And dock. Next best thing to wireless. Especially the magnetic charging dock I got for the car. Z2 will support PS3 controllers.

Z2 had better build although the glass back is worrisome for drops. I like the Z2 over the S5 but I also like the M8 over the S5 as well. One thing that's wonderful is the Z2 unlocked and carrier free.

I picked up a Z2 Monday after going back and forth between these two devices. The reasons were that I wanted a water resistant device and I think the Z2 is better suited for this vs the S5 which has a removable back. The Z2 had a huge battery and last all day plus some, camera is superb as are the speakers. The first time I played music on the Z2 it startled me because it was so loud. lol! Finally it is unlocked and bloat free. I returned my G3 a few weeks ago for among other things the insane amount of bloat and stuff I do not want. The S5 also takes up too much of the 16GB storage with a lot of features I would never use.

The things in the S5 favor is the size and weight. The Z2 is a big, heavy device due to construction and there is no doubt that it is more fragile. If you are drop prone or hard on your phones the S5 may be a better choice. The first thing I did with my Z2 was but protectors on front and back and case it and use a neoprene sleeve! lol!
    Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Well, the thruth is, im a 13 year old kid.i collected money from my birthday.and i worked to earn money.im rough on my phone cause im a kid.i dont need a ps3 controller, or a wirelles charger.i libe in a small poor country in europe.so i dont have those gadets here.thanks for info.i think i will choose s5.because its harder to break/damage

aitt likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

And i probbably wont even buy a new phone, because i didnt collect enough money for it.thanks for your opinions.if i collect the money il probbalby buy the s5

Quote Originally Posted by Matej Kreze1 View Post
    Well, the thruth is, im a 13 year old kid.i collected money from my birthday.and i worked to earn money.im rough on my phone cause im a kid.i dont need a ps3 controller, or a wirelles charger.i libe in a small poor country in europe.so i dont have those gadets here.thanks for info.i think i will choose s5.because its harder to break/damage

Good choice! Enjoy your S5!

Posted via Nexus 5
    Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8

Quote Originally Posted by aitt View Post
    You can't go wrong with either one. My wife has the S5 and it's a good idea phone. I'm just not into Samsung products. Z2 has front dual speakers and is noticeably louder by default. I feel the camera is much better than S5 but it could be a tie in some eyes. 3gb RAM on Z2. No Qi option available for Z2 and no I blaster if those matter to you, however Z2 has magnetic connect for charging. And dock. Next best thing to wireless. Especially the magnetic charging dock I got for the car. Z2 will support PS3 controllers.

Z2 had better build although the glass back is worrisome for drops. I like the Z2 over the S5 but I also like the M8 over the S5 as well. One thing that's wonderful is the Z2 unlocked and carrier free.

Kind of off topic, but may I ask what magnetic charging dock you are using for the car?
    Current Devices: Note 4, Moto X, HTC One M8, 2013 Nexus 7

Retired Devices: OnePlus One, Sony Xperia Z2, Nexus 5, LG G3, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict

Global Posts
    436 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhettrich View Post
    Kind of off topic, but may I ask what magnetic charging dock you are using for the car?
    http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=111378584316

Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks