Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Xperia Z2 Problems (Whatsapp + e-mail)

Hey guys, I currently have two problems with my Z2 which I got about a week ago.

My first problem is with Whatsapp - it does not show the unread messages as a badge - is it supposed to? Pretty small issue but it's annoying me.

My second problem is more annoying: my stock email app is not grabbing emails properly. I had it set to push earlier and I would get emails pushed on average 2 hours late (sometimes it would be on time, and sometimes it would take 5 or 6 hours). Weirdly, the emails that were pushed didn't come in order either - sometimes I would receive a more recent email, and then a while later receive an even older email. As you can imagine, this is incredibly annoying so I switched my email to fetch every 15 minutes.

Any help would be appreciated

Default Re: Xperia Z2 Problems (Whatsapp + e-mail)

Hi, you won't get badge notifications on the non stock apps on the Z2, or any android phone for that matter, without using a 3rd party plug in and launcher.

I use TeslaUnread plugin with Nova launcher and it is fantastic, will give badge notifications for pretty much any app you want.

The second point may have something to do with stamina mode and if you have whitelisted email as an app, together with the associated setting of queue background data. Not 100% sure on this though and someone else will undoubtedly have a clearer idea of this.

Sent from my Xperia Z2 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Xperia Z2 Problems (Whatsapp + e-mail)

thanks for the response - that's what i figured but messenger and facebook have badges for some reason?! so i was hoping it was something that they could add in if they wanted..

and also, as to the email, I don't actually have stamina mode on so it's quite weird. I might try to re-add my accounts and see if that solves anything..