Issues with my Z2

Gino Guillermo

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hiya. Loving my Xperia Z2. But I have noticed two bugs:
1. Alarm Clock
This bug appeared in my Z1 months ago and my current Moto G (4G) phone. When my phone is on Silent mode I set the alarm to ring even on silent. I also made sure the "master" volume for alarm is turned on under the Volume settings. When the alarm goes off in the morning its either i don't see a slider to cancel the alarm or it rings but i have to go to the alarm clock settings and go to delete alarms and the alarm stops which is 2-3 steps more than the slider thing. I had to resort to a 3rd-party alarm clock which helps but prefer the 1st-party one. Can anyone explain this?

2. Charging
This issue again is not confined to the Z2 but also to my Moto G and my Nexus 5 which i had weeks ago. Charging the phone, regardless of how many percent left is on the battery, it causes the screen to go "haywire". What i mean is the screen is almost unusable to the point that multiple tasks are being done at the same time i.e. opening Messages, pulling down the Notification panel, going to Album, etc. I have seen videos on Youtube and i'm not sure if Sony is aware of this. Any advice?

3. Performance
I cannot fault the performance of the Z2. But i'm not the type who do benchmarking tests, rooting, hacking, etc. I still find sometimes some lag and is a tad slower than my Nexus 5 which has a slightly the same specs. I have speeded up the animations speed under Developer Options but i don't know what else to do.

I also do not believe that by resetting the phone these so-called bugs will go away as this seem to be a "default" advice whenever you ring customer support. I have reset the phone twice and they are still there.

Please advice & help. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Regarding the screen issues while charging, I wonder if there's a defect in the shielding between the charging circuits and the touchscreen. Charging can generate an electromagnetic field, which if not properly shielded could affect the touchscreen's responsiveness (or cause odd phantom touches). That would be a manufacturer defect, so it would be worth contacting Sony about the issue.

LeeG_UK

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

The issue you are having with your phone seems a little strange, as you claim to have had the same problem with 2 other phones.
This makes me think you have a problem with a charger.
Can you confirm you are using the charger and cable supplied with your Z2? Maybe even try another power outlet in your house.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835