New Z2 owner but no 444 KitKat

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi all
Just picked up my unbranded Z2 in UK. Really loving that I can finally have a full mutimedia device without the compromise like the M8.. Both Speakers AND Camera :)

However, as Ive mentioned im in UK and using an open/unbranded device, but theres no 444 update, just 442. Yet it looks as if most people have 444.

Can anyone shed any light on the UK update.

Thanks

gunzkevin

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if you have done this, and I mean no disrespect if you have.
But my phone didn't notify me that I had an update. I had to go the app titled "update center" and then hit the refresh logo. It should then be under the system tab.
If nothing still shows, connect your phone to your computer with the PC Companion app. It should alert you and commence the update process with your approval.

Hopefully this helps.

Posted via Android Central App

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if you have done this, and I mean no disrespect if you have.
But my phone didn't notify me that I had an update. I had to go the app titled "update center" and then hit the refresh logo. It should then be under the system tab.
If nothing still shows, connect your phone to your computer with the PC Companion app. It should alert you and commence the update process with your approval.

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks for the reply. No dis-respect taken at all friend. Sometimes you can forget the simplest of things. Neither of your suggestions worked Im sad to say. I even re-booted the phone and tried again. Maybe it hasnt been released in the UK for unbranded Z2s yet.

At least the current 442 is stable enough, so ill just wait and check from time to time.

Thanks for the suggestions though :)

gunzkevin

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, I tried finding more people with your issue and it seems the UK hasn't gotten the update yet. Apparently you guys have been one of the last to receive them in the past. Good to know it's not an issue with your phone though.
Let us know when you receive it!

It's not that great BTW. I might even notice a hint of lag that I never noticed before.

BlueandWhiteBerry

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Got my update today. Z2 UK 4.4.4 on EE. Icons look bigger and Google search permanently at top of every panel on homescreen. Not impressed haha

khyos94

May 21, 2014
Visit site
You can hide the Google search bar. By pinching the screen for the widget, apps etc... You can show or hide it

Posted from my Xperia Z2 or Nexus 7 2012

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
hey all,
apologies for the late reply.. its xmas.. been decorrating and no PC.. just booted back up today, thankfully.. hehe.

Got my 444 about a week ago.. so far, I like it... except that the "low volume Notifications" bug still exsists and Sony have removed xLoud from sound settings, and the bigger Icons do make the screen a bit more clurttered... but other than that.. its good, but I havent detected any lag.

Cheers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member