Google Play Service Issue

Nirmal Sitaldin

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi, can someone help me? I recently bought a Sony Xperia Z2. The battery was fine for 2 days, until I noticed the Google Play Services started using 45% of my Battery Usage! More than my screen! Is that normal? Or does it has anything to do with Google Play Services or Android 4.4.2? I didn't update my phone to 4.4.4 due to the mixed reviews. I uninstalled the updates of Google Play Services, force stopped it, still no difference. Can someone help me? My Battery Usage of the screen was 16% overnight and Google Play Services was 45 all of a sudden! Please..

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. You can try resetting app preferences. Settings>Apps>menu>reset app preferences. This sometimes helps with Play issues.

Nirmal Sitaldin

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm ok, I just did that, I'll see if it helps. Thank you for replying so fast :D Another question: Is this Google Play Services Battery Draining issue temporal or is there something wrong with my device? Cuz apparently more Android users have had this issues on Nexus and other phones and I also read that it just pops up sometimes. I just wanna be 100% certain :) Is it?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Its hard to say. You can also try rebooting the device, or wiping the system cache in recovery.

From an AOSP M8.

Nirmal Sitaldin

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm ok ok... I did reboot it, but no difference.. I also wiped the cache, still no difference. Maybe I should just wait? 'Cause after a while it went from 45 to 36 procent (in 12 hours..)

behelit

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Could be a rogue app using the services.
Try uninstalling some apps temporarily until it stops, then you should know which app it was