How can I take phots without bright spots whitening out the whole image

chocolateyum

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Whenever there is any brighter spot at all in my photos (i.e. a window in the background even if it's not that bright outside or even if just the sky is a little bright in the background), the spot is ultrabright on my photos and worse yes, the rest of the image seems to lose color and gets whitened out too.

Is there a way to fix this problem? It's ruining many of my shots and making me dislike the phone. Thanks.

gunzkevin

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Night be a dumb question, but have you tried tapping the screen to focus on a different area? If you tap on the bright spot, or on a dark area, it will adjust accordingly.

But a better solution to this is HDR.
HDR takes multiple pictures and puts them together. Bright spots with dark spots is what this was made for. But you have to keep still for longer as it takes many pictures.

To activate. You have to go into MANUAL camera mode. Not SUPERIOR AUTO, then click on the three dots settings button, (furthest left), set resolution to 8mp 4:3/16:9 I prefer 4:3 as 16:9 is just cropped. Then scroll down and click on HDR.

Then hold steady, and take a picture. Let us know if this helped

Posted via the Android Central App

chocolateyum

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
yes. You don't get the whitewash look? I bought a z2 for my sister too and we both get it. Must say, I went to the galaxy s6 forum and looked at photos there. Seems the whitewashing can get equally as bad when there is a bright spot in the background so possible I'm too picky (though my sister's iPhone doesn't seem to suffer from this problem as much).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman