OTA available

Bernie Fen

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
currently updating right now. Not sure what this update brings but will keep you guys posted. Anyone received a notification on their Z2's yet? -Wash, DC-

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
currently updating right now. Not sure what this update brings but will keep you guys posted. Anyone received a notification on their Z2's yet? -Wash, DC-

Any information on the update? What's the build number? Also, any noticable differences with the device since the update?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I got this OTA Update on May 7....don't know if it is the same or not. Unlocked Z2 on AT&T in Oklahoma.

View attachment 176223

As for changes...see my post in: http://forums.androidcentral.com/so...lose-all-button-recent-apps-after-update.html
Thanks for sharing! That looks to be the latest update available, and per Sony's website, includes the following updates:
Included in this software

•Sony’s latest software experience, with Android 5.0 - Lollipop
•A fresh look and feel, based on Google Material Design
•Intelligent lock screen notifications and customisable settings
•Multi-user profiles and guest mode
•Storage optimisation; move apps to SD card

Matthew Stegman

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
This is the latest software released by Sony. Unlocked Z2 on AT&T also.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 6050.jpg
    6050.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 14

for3nsicguy

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
How are you guys liking the update? Any initial thoughts?

Other than bringing back the "close all" button in the multitasking interface, and maybe a very slight improvement in overall smoothness/responsiveness, I haven't noticed any change after the update. I have taken quite a few photos since the update and the camera/photo quality seems unchanged.

I don't use the Sony Launcher, so I can't comment on any changes there.

Lollipop memory leak is still there and won't be fixed until Sony pushes the 5.1 update.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Other than bringing back the "close all" button in the multitasking interface, and maybe a very slight improvement in overall smoothness/responsiveness, I haven't noticed any change after the update. I have taken quite a few photos since the update and the camera/photo quality seems unchanged.

I don't use the Sony Launcher, so I can't comment on any changes there.

Lollipop memory leak is still there and won't be fixed until Sony pushes the 5.1 update.

That's good to hear. What launcher are you using in place of Sony's? I have a Nexus 5 and have been using the Google Now Launcher for a while now...likely going to switch it up and install Nova since there was a recent update and it looks to be good.

for3nsicguy

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
That's good to hear. What launcher are you using in place of Sony's? I have a Nexus 5 and have been using the Google Now Launcher for a while now...likely going to switch it up and install Nova since there was a recent update and it looks to be good.

I have not used anything but Action Launcher for at least the past 2 years. Have been using Action Launcher 3 since it released and Action Launcher 2 before that. It fits my workflow well and has zero impact on battery life. I switch phones more often than most and can have a very similar user experience from phone to phone with Action Launcher. Great developer who runs a beta program and spends a lot of time listening to user recommendations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678