Z2 Battery draining fast.

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I have been using Sony Xperia Z2 for 6 months already. In the beginning, the battery life was superb. However, I was charging it almost every day (not below 30% and not above 90%). Combined with that, after I updated to Lollipop, battery life has gone significantly worse. It lasts around a day and a half with heavy usage and drops around 1% every 2 minutes when I surf the Internet. I have tried a factory reset, but the issue stays. The phone is also always in Stamina mode (with settings adjusted in it). Do you think this is normal or the battery has really started to drain fast? If yes, any idea how to fix it? Since the battery is non-removable, how much would it take to bring the phone to a Sony center for a replacement?

Last edited:

Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I had that stright after lollipop but I several resets just to be sure the encryption wasnt turned on as some phones have it on as default after lollipop i think. After i did about 3 continuing resets its works great now i average about 7h screen on time sometimes more sometimes less just depends what day im having with my phone... Another thing worth mentioning my partner has the z3 and with stamina on it seems to drain battery quicker dont know why but it dose so u could try without stamina.. If all else fails connect it to pc companion and do a full repair

Posted via the Android Central App

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
When I do a repair with the Sony Companion, does it restores to the last updated firmware? It won't reverse to KitKat, right? Also, I 've done several factory resets from the phone settings, but the issue still stays.

Last edited:

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Okay, did a full restore from the PC Companion App and it worked! The battery is back to normal! Thank you very much! Although, I am disappointed that I will have to use that app every time something gets wrong, and I really didn't want to open that USB port cover (I bought a magnetic charger for that reason).

Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Im glad my advice worked for you. And pc companion is a very good programme to have knowing it dose a repair if needed and yes i know the flap dose my head in, ive ordered a magnetic charger myself

Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Just a heads up android 5.1.1 is seeding so if u get the update and your battery seems to die quick again then just do a factory reset and that should do it, I'm doing a reset regardless

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
So, after the 5.1.1 update, I made another full repair with the Sony Companion app, but after that, it seems the battery again drains a bit faster. Not by much, but still a bit noticeable than before. That is weird.

Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Thats strage I got the 5.1 ota then did a factory reset and reloaded my apps & games and my battery seems to be ok

Attachments

• 2594.jpg
    2594.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 23

Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Try activating stamina mode. I have stamina mode on at all times and it works great and it dosent affect performance either

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Stamina mode is on all the time for me as well. Never mind, battery is fine now, I guess it was just me. And final question - does the phone repair from the companion app has a better effect than a factory reset from the settings menu, since the former was able to fix the battery issue and the latter not?

Amnan Hasbullah

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
after upgrade to 5.1.1 i can't charge my phone normally and the battery drain worst!.. i have tried to repair it using pc companion but it still having the same problem. :'(

Wajid khan 1988

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Same here dear.... I am ****ed off by the new Android 5.1.1..... What the ******* update is.... I hate it as it drains my battery 🔋 and **** me off.... Any solution please

Wajid khan 1988

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I reset several times but no fun...
It's full of problems 5.1.1... I hate this updated version.... I'm extremely worried about as I m unable to recharge battery 🔋 all the time and stamina mood drain more faster battery than normal... I don't know what the hell is stamina mood

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I have the same battery drainage with my xperia-z2 lasting barely a day on 4 SOT.

I have followed the advice of some others users and at the moment it seems that I am on 53% battery life with over 3 hours SOT.

I have done the following:

Put the screen down to the lowest brightness setting

Put the phone on stamina mode always i.e from 100 percent

Turned off mobile data and location services.

Turned off double tap to wake feature.

I will update to see how long the battery will last. I am hoping at least 6 hrs SOT to return my confidence in the battery life of phone.

It seems as Android updates always screw something while trying to show off its latest features.

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I was able to achieve at least 6 1/2 hours SOT with the new settings. Somewhat a marked improvement but nowhere near Kit kat battery performance.

Anyone know what else to do to increase battery life let us all know.

Posted by my Superia z2

Attachments

• 71220.jpg
    71220.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma