5.1.1 Update - Bluetooth Audio Issue

Ionatan

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Received the 5.1.1 OTA update on Saturday. Most everything is running smoothly. However, since the update, streaming audio through my car's head unit via Bluetooth has stopped working properly. The music has a slightly increased tempo, and it skips every few seconds. There's also some static in the background.

I've deleted Sync from my Z2 and my Z2 from Sync, then re-paired them. The problem persists. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Ionatan

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Just attempted a factory reset, and I'm still having the same issue. Does anyone have any insight into this? I don't think it's my head unit; BT audio worked just fine prior to 5.1.1.

Chicanita

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I just purchased the S6+ edge and I'm having the same issue after the update. Everything sounds like it is buffering in my car. My battery life is also draining faster.

- Droid Newbie - Freed From Fruit

Nadeem Ahmed1

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
My Sony Xperia z ultra upgraded this week to 5.1.1, streaming is fine but bluetooth calling the sound stutters. Prior to this everything works good. Using sbh52 bluetooth. Will try my pioneer head unit soon in my other car

Akin Pala

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
The same trouble here ever since I updated to 511 on my note 5 my bluetooth headset gear circle is not connecting properly. It first connect but drops the connection at the first sign of trouble or little distances.

Youko Kuroshima

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
After updating my Z1 Compact to 5.1.1 bluetooth audio streaming stopped working properly either: my favourite player (Mort) just freezes when I pair my phone with the car stereo or SBH-52 headset. The default Sony Music app works but freezes when I try to switch tracks either on my stereo or even in the app itself! There are also short pauses in the sound which I've never experienced before. Note it, everything works fine while playing through regular headphones or through the phone's speaker, and everything worked perfectly until this update, so it's definitely something wrong with bluetooth in it.
Sony support just told me to try pairing my phone with newer devices supporting BT 4.0, fancy that! And after I provide them with some links proving it's not a problem with my phone but with Android itself they send me to a repair center, of course.

Akin Pala

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Samsung released an update to the gear circle software, so when I run that with my Note 5, it is significantly better, but still not as good as it used to be. I cant even compare it to the Dr. Dre bluetooth inner ear headphones I used to have. That thing had reception even when the phone was under bunch of towels !
So Samsung, good for you for updating, but no cigar.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer