Mobile Data limit exceeded notification won't disappear (Android 6.0.1)

Awet Brutjan

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

I have a such problem on my Sony Xperia Z2 with Android 6.0.1. This notification won't disappear. I have tried to restart the phone several times, tried to change the data limit, change the phone's date, remove the SIM card, reset the phone with red button near SIM card, nothing helped.

When I tap on that notification, Data usage menu opens. When I tap and hold, I see Android System app name. If I Force Stop it, the notification will disappear, but it comes back in several seconds.

When I set lower data limit than I have already used, the second notification appears. Unlike this one, the second one have a title and it disappears when I again set higher limit or disable limit.

The number shown on this notification reached 25.67 MB and now it is not changing.

Can I fix this without doing factory reset? Please help.

Thanks in advance!

YneQw57.png

GOTmkEr.png

Awet Brutjan

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I have contacted Sony Support, they adviced me to repair my software via PC which will erase my data.

Today I have found the solution myself!

I've recorded a video, which maybe could help some other people with identical problem.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the follow up. Thanks for the video too. Strange bug, but at least you found something that works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol